Arts Integration & Culture Program Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Are you passionate about the arts? Do you enjoy supporting arts integration activities and cultural events that connect students, teachers, and community partners? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that
delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS, you become part of a unique, mission-oriented organization that is actively and innovatively tackling some of the greatest challenges faced by adult learners and English language learners today, with a laser-beam focus on equity of opportunity for those we exist to serve.
Arts Integration & Culture Program Manager
We are seeking an Arts Integration & Culture Program Manager who under the supervision of the Principal, will be responsible for embedding appropriate arts integration activities throughout the School’s instructional programs. The Manager will work closely with their team and other key stakeholders throughout both campuses to develop and lead cultural initiatives and school-wide celebrations. They will also engage the Arts & Culture Advisory Committee, to establish and foster intentional community partnerships, with organizations and/or Artists who share a vision that supports the School’s mission.
● Oversees and supports the daily operations of the Arts Integration and Culture Department’s staff/faculty- including timecards, approval of professional development, and evaluates staff performance through a formal performance appraisal system
● Works closely with the Curriculum, Professional Development (PD), and Student Academic Resource Team (SART) to embed, infuse, and integrate Arts Education through a Trauma and Healing Informed approach into the ESL curriculum where appropriate and needed
● Manages all activities in the arts integration department; including school-wide events, through collaborative involvement with the team to implement a collective vision that aligns with national, local, and school context through an anti-racist lens. I.e., LatinX/Hispanic Heritage, Black History, Women’s History, Asian Pacific American Heritage, LGBTQ+ Pride, and Immigrant Heritage.
● Provides Professional Development workshops to support teachers with integrating Arts activities to support students’ Social and Emotional Learning and wellbeing
● Manages, develops, and oversees the budget for the Arts Integration and Culture Department; negotiating and overseeing all contracts, grants, and/or arts fundraisers annually
● Implements Department’s strategy, vision, and goals, to align with the School’s mission and values; Analyzes data to support strategic decision making and overall cultural competency within the Department
● Oversees all arts integration initiatives in the classrooms and works closely with the Specialist to ensure that School values are implemented through culturally responsive education and that student goals are at the forefront of the projects
● Establishes and fosters intentional community partnerships with organizations and/or artists who share a vision that supports the School’s mission; partnerships are engaged through the Arts and Culture Advisory Committee
● Oversees the hiring and management of artists within the Artist in Residence program, while working closely with team members to ensure that the vision for the year is met through the project-based learning activities within the classroom by the artist(s)
● Oversees student recruitment for the student artist directory to connect them to workforce programs such as BTA, Small Business, or other employment opportunities from the Department’s established partnerships
● Perform other related duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree in Arts or a closely related field and a minimum of 5 years professional experience in arts education/administration at a public or private arts agency or organization, or the appropriate combination of education and experience
● Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
● Demonstrated ability to work independently, establish task priority, and as a team player to productively coordinate a program
● Knowledge of and/or experience working with English Language Learners
● Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and common online applications
● Demonstrated success in the leadership and management of a diverse team
● Proven ability to interact with populations of diverse cultural, social, and economic background
● Knowledge of practices and procedures of marketing, public relations, and fundraising.
● Demonstrated experience with budget planning, development, and management
● Ability to plan, develop and administer activities for arts and heritage programs
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of the community, public and private organizations, boards, and other stakeholders
● Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page
at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b 607f4-564d-4335-b098- 98dd2b218da4&ccId=1434660535_1116&jobId=407383&source=CC3&lang=en_US . This position will be posted until June 4, 2021.