Director, Property Management
Director, Property Management
The Director, Property Management is considered “second in command” to the Senior Vice President. This position includes the authority to interact and coordinate business activity between the internal department heads, the parent company departments and 3rd party business relations. Besides management and supervision of operations, the duties include, but are not limited to, development of management strategies, oversight of policy & procedures and to maximize the company’s operational and financial performance.
• Supports the Senior VP in directing the day to day administrative operations of AHCM.
• Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing company activities and functions. Recommends, writes, communicates and updates a comprehensive Operations Manual.
• Provides oversight, coaching, and mentoring to Property Management Staff and direct reports.
• Supports and coordinates activities with the Compliance Director.
• Works closely with the Human Resources division on staffing needs and performance management.
• Plays a key role in working with the Senior VP, Senior Management at ownership (AHC Inc), Compliance Director and Regional Managers to set goals for the multiple properties.
• Manages transition of properties into the portfolio, in line with market conditions and occupancy trends.
• Serves as the liaison with the Finance team for audit preparation and review, standardizing procedures, presentation of property performance reviews to ownership (AHC Inc), and budget scheduling.
• Ensures that AHCM is operating with optimum efficiency and within budget. Monitors budget preparation and variance.
• Directs marketing and lease-up at properties, as directed by the Senior VP.
• Develops and markets third party property management business and implements said business. • Prepares and coordinates with the Senior VP for presentation of management proposals.
• Provides development and relocation support to AHCM and AHC • In coordination with the Compliance Director performs regular monthly reviews to ensure that property operations are in compliance.
• Identifies and resolves, in coordination with the Compliance Director, operational issues/problems in accordance with lender, partner and local, state and federal regulations.
• College degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in development, marketing, property management, affordable housing, and finance.
• A demonstrated ability to lead people (up to 25+) and get results through others.
• Experience leading high performance teams and serving as a strong team player.
• Experience in problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• Thorough knowledge of Fair Housing and Equal Housing Opportunity laws.
• Ability to translate operational policies and procedures into daily management proactive.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
• Proficiency in financial analysis and the impact of management decisions.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure while maintaining professional composure at all times.
• Proficiency with Yardi, Microsoft Word, Outlook and familiarity with other related software.
• Ability to travel within the Washington DC metro area as needed (about 25%).
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or visit & apply on our website www.ahcinc.org, under the ‘About Us’ tab. EOE