IT Engineer, Network Systems & Support
We are actively seeking a full-time, experienced IT Engineer to provide consulting and implementation for software, hardware, and cloud services to association, nonprofit, and foundation clients. This is a great position for a seasoned IT professional seeking dynamic and challenging situations. This position requires self-discipline to work remotely and travel to client locations within the DC, MD, and VA metro area, where you will be expected to acclimate to various business environments and follow client schedules.
- Is lead for installation, administration and troubleshooting for:
- Servers, Firewalls, Switches, SAN’s, Wireless Access Points, Remote Access, Email Services (Office 365/Hybrid), VMWare vSphere, VMWare Horizon, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- For On Premise servers – manage resource allocations and load. Must understand backup strategies and methodology for all common technology, including Windows Server, SQL and Exchange. Provides local Server Administration and troubleshooting including creation and administration of Printer objects, file shares and permissions. Administer and troubleshoot remote access to servers. Adheres to and maintains high levels of expertise in all networks, applications, hardware, support processes, procedures, and expectations to meet the highest level of customer care. Manage security incidents and provide appropriate reporting to team members. Collaborates with client and internal teams to identify gaps in coverage and recommend solutions. Proactively communicates in detail to leadership and team members.
- Serves as a technical escalation point for other team members. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates IT equipment, recommending technical direction with focus on improved utilization. Collaborate with third party vendors on the behalf of our clients in order meet project deliverables.
- At least 10 years of recent hands-on experience working with large on premise Microsoft networks and back-office systems (MCSE/A 2012 or greater a plus). At least 5 years of experience managing Azure environments. Expertise in MS Exchange server management and administration, including DAG clusters. Recent hands-on experience with Microsoft 365 Windows server (2012, 2016, and 2019) is required.
- Must have proficiency with Active Directory, domain controllers, IP addressing, DNS, VPNs, Azure Active Directory and remote access. Experience with managing, administrating and troubleshooting multifactor authentication using RSA and ADFS. Experience with managing, administrating and troubleshooting VMWare Enterprise 6.7 environments. Experience with managing, administrating and troubleshooting VMWare Horizon VDI environments. Experience with managing, administrating and troubleshooting SD WAN/ load balancers – FatPipe and Barracuda load balancers experience a plus.
- Experience with managing, administrating and troubleshooting firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA and SonicWALL); NetWitness experience a plus. Experience with managing, administrating Cisco Meraki and Cisco switches. Recent hands-on experience performing migrations to Office/Microsoft 365, including mail migrations to Exchange Online, unstructured data migrations to SharePoint Online, personal file share migrations to OneDrive, and unified communications to Teams, and in performing migrations from legacy Active Directory to Azure AD. Recent hands-on experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Windows Server (2012 and up), Exchange Server (2016 and up), and SQL Server (2019). Proficiency with Active Directory, domain controllers, IP addressing, DNS, VPNs, remote access, VLANs, and VoIP systems.
- Microsoft, VMWare, firewall and storage certifications preferred. Bachelor's degree preferred. Truly excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. Ability to see not just the symptom, but the larger picture. Professional attitude and commitment to providing high-quality service.