Research Support Assistant
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
HCC’s PROD Department is recruiting for a Research Support Assistant to work in the office in Columbia, MD and reports to the Executive Director of Planning, Research and Organizational Development (EDPROD), and requires an individual who can multi-task. The duties range from administrative support and team coordination to budget assistance.
- Serves as the administrative support for the EDPROD and provides logistical and technical support to staff members in PROD and assists them in the completion of various administrative duties, projects, surveys, and reports.
- Serves as the department's front desk receptionist, and is the first point of contact and an essential liaison for internal clients seeking services from the office. The assistant manages the comment card and professional development evaluation process, including the final reports and summaries.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving fundamental office operations, including: administrative support for the office budget; organization and procurement of office supplies and materials; meeting coordination for EDPROD and staff; oversight and coordination of office technology maintenance, licensing, and procurement.
- Assists the office of the vice presidents and president's office during office staff absences.
- High school diploma and a minimum of three years of experience in work coordination and office management or A.A. Degree and one year of experience in work coordination and office management.
- A.A. Degree preferred.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat and web design
- Experience with the use of office equipment (computers, printers, scanners, faxes, copiers, multiline phones).
- Excellent command of all basic language skills; i.e., spelling, punctuation, grammar, and business English, including the ability to edit own work and proofread correspondence.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and assignments and performs duties with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to interact effectively with others to determine needs and support requirements..
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this position.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity.
- Financial management skills including procurement processing, budget monitoring, and account reconciliation.
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5pm
Compensation: $39,685 plus excellent medical & dental insurance, tuition reimbursement and paid leave
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: May 30, 2021
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
As a participating member of the Maryland Retirement and Pension System, HCC offers two retirement options: The Pension, which requires a 7% employee contribution and The ORP, a 403(b) with a 7.25% employer contribution only. Employees in positions that do not require a bachelor's degree must participate in The Pension. Employees that possess a bachelor's degree and hold professional positions that require a bachelor's degree may choose to participate in either The Pension or The ORP.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
Please submit the following:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter
Please apply using link provided-> http://howardcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=131065