Production Support Specialist I/II
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Production Support Specialist I/II. Under general supervision of the Plant Production manager, performs a wide range of activities to support Production Division by coordinating logistical and technical support for Production meeting rooms, developing reports, trends and analysis from multiple databases and sources, and supporting the asset management program by maintaining technical documentation (Operations and Maintenance [“O&M”] manuals, SOPs, and drawings).
Essential functions include:
- Coordinating services to support Griffith WTP meeting and general office activities (50% of time):
- Serve as a point of contact for meeting organizers prior to and during the event. Receive and direct participants to meeting rooms. Serve as a point of contact for participants in the event of emergency.
- Serve as conference room scheduler. Deconflict meetings when scheduling conflicts arise. Ensure conference room capacities are not exceeded.
- Communicate with plant staff about meetings and conferences that will impact normal operation activities like tours and large events.
- Prepare conference rooms to meeting requirements to include technical (audio and visual equipment) and refreshment requirements.
- Supporting the implementation of efficient business processes to achieve Griffith Production goals
- Support the Production asset management program by ensuring up-to date technical documentation (Operations and Maintenance [“O&M”] manuals, SOPs, and drawings) are accessible to field staff. Prepare, proofread, edit and publish updates when they are identified.
Graduation from high school or GED and a minimum of two years applicable work experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record. Ability to attain Microsoft Office Specialist Associate in one year from date of hire. Ability to learn a wide range of software applications to include SharePoint, Chrystal Reports, Adobe PDF Exchange Editor, SAP, AutoCAD LT, and Hach Water Information System and other desktop applications as necessary. Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a variety of audiences. Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic. Ability to learn technical terminology associated with water treatment processes, maintenance and equipment. Thorough knowledge of modern office equipment, practices and procedures.
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan.