Member Operations Coordinator
Member Operations Coordinator
The American Foreign Service Association (AFSA), the professional association of the United States Foreign Service, seeks a full-time Member Operations Coordinator with full employee benefits at its Washington, D.C. headquarters located at 2101 E St NW, Washington DC 20037.
The primary duty of the incumbent will be to support the development and implementation of AFSA’s membership function including: responding to and resolving membership inquiries and questions, processing membership applications, systemizing data input and member communication workflows and supporting membership-related analysis by generating required queries and reports. The incumbent will work closely with the Member Relations and Events Coordinator and the Director of Programs and Member Engagement to ensure efficient membership operations of the Association.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall integrity of member data including processing new applications, updates to member data, and membership cancellations.
- Systemize and process updates to member data based on bi-monthly reports received from various agencies.
- Create workflows for managing changes to membership status and resultant communication with members.
- Produce regular reports and queries to understand AFSA membership data, including retention and attrition statistics, and work with the Director of Programs and Member Engagement to convert data to action steps for improved member recruitment and retention.
- Responsible for accurate and friendly communication with members regarding their membership status and assist with creation of membership templates and collateral for recruitment.
- Responsible for annual audit of membership data.
- Assist in preparations for ongoing member programs and special events (including preparing materials, set up, preparing attendee lists, etc.).
- Assist in production of the annual Directory of Retired Members.
For more information about AFSA, please go to www.AFSA.org.
Required Skills, Education and Characteristics:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- High-level organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a State Department badge.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with a database.
- Ability to proactively multi-task multiple competing priorities and demands.
- Well versed with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Preferred Skills, Education and Characteristics:
- High level of experience with Abila’s Netforum is preferred, or significant experience with a similar membership database.
- College Degree.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- $48,000-$52,000, depending on experience and abilities.
- Full employee benefits
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
- 401k and/or Roth 401k plus 5% matching.
- Vacation and sick leave.
The incumbent should expect to work 40 hours per week. This position reports to the Director of Programs and Member Engagement. Note that AFSA will be in optional telework status from June 1 through September 6, and employees are expected to return to a regular office schedule as of September 7, 2021.
AFSA offers a collegial working environment and flexible work schedules. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. EDT on June 4, 2021. No phone calls, please