Join Impact Driven Brands…make the world a better place! We currently have an opportunity for a Chief Financial Officer to join our dynamic and fast-paced team at our headquarters in Washington, DC. We pride ourselves on our culture so we’re looking for someone who wants to make a difference and shares our core values: open, honest, professional, humble, hungry and smart. This is an exceptionally exciting time and that means we move mountains faster than the rest and still have fun because we love what we do.
As CFO, you would oversee all financial aspects for multiple high growth, emerging brands in personal care and foods industries. We are looking for someone who wants a challenge every day, the opportunity to lead the finance role in an entrepreneurial environment.
About Soapbox www.soapboxsoaps.com
Soapbox is a social mission personal care company that sells hand soap, body wash, hair care, lotions and hand sanitizers into drug stores and retailers. For every product we sell, a bar of soap is donated to a person in need in the USA or around the world.
About Bushwick Kitchen www.bushwickkitchen.com
Bushwick Kitchen is the maker of Bees Knees Spicy Honey, Tree Knees Spicy Maple and Weak Knees Gochujang Sriracha. Born in in Brooklyn but known throughout the USA for sweet, spicy and surprising sauces with a twist. Our products are sold online, in specialty food stores and in every Walmart across the USA.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, analysis and modeling, compliance and private and institutional financing.
1. Strategy and Executive Management
· Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the company’s strategic plan, especially as the organization considers new growth opportunities.
· Balance short-term concerns and pressures, such as managing cash, liquidity, and profitability, and long-term vision and sustainable organizational success.
· Focus on accountability, performance measures, and critical management information with the intent to streamline, improve relevancy and support efficient decision-making.
· Support the CEO in capital raises including all financial aspects of due diligence; determine the cash needs of the company for future growth
· Develop and sustain various stakeholder relationships with the external accountants, investors, banks, payroll and other outside services.
2. Budgeting, Financial Planning and Analysis
· Coordinate and develop robust budgets to effectively manage marketing and sales spending, product costs, and overhead spending.
· Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
· Oversee analysis of financial results; develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
· Champion the review of return on marketing and brand investments by developing models to assess customer profitability, pricing strategies, sales opportunities, and marketing initiatives.
· Enhance operational and supply chain effectiveness by identifying critical information that drives cost optimization and reporting of that information.
3. Accounting and Administration
· Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions including appropriate internal controls.
· Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
· Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, inventory costing, balance sheet reconciliations and shared services/overhead cost allocation.
· Coordinate all year-end reporting requirements and proper filing of tax returns. Serve as a key point of contact for external accountants.
4. Cash Management
· Oversee weekly cash management; prepare weekly cash flow forecast.
· Approve weekly payables; oversee AR management and provide support to collections activities.
· Review inventory builds and purchase order commitments.
5. Team Management
· Mentor and develop a direct team of four to five, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
· Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Undergraduate degree in a related field and a CPA designation or an MBA is required.
· At least ten years of CPG related experience including three to five in a leadership capacity or equivalent in a private organization with sales of a least $10 million, preferably in a product costing environment.
· Excellent strategic, analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills.
· Experience in strategic planning and execution. Ability to identity gaps and excel at change management.
· Proven leadership and team building skills. Ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals and to motivate groups and individuals.
· Strong project management skills. Easily balances competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
· Ability to rapidly process and comprehend large amounts of detailed information; considers the implications and consequences of new facts and makes decisions.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to be articulate in a concise, compelling and diplomatic manner.
· Superior computer proficiency skills using MS Excel and accounting software packages.
All applicants must provide a Resume and Cover Letter.