Staff Accountant I
2 days left
- Full Time
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Staff Accountant I for a two-year, renewable appointment to provide accounts payable support in the Finance Department. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and is based at IFPRI Headquarters located in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transaction to ensure that the collaborators and employees are paid in a timely and appropriate manner and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits
- Process monthly journal entries and reimbursement cash receipts.
- Process monthly reconciliation of the Accounts Payable related General Ledger accounts.
- Process, review for compliance and balance field office expenditure reports for posting.
- Enter collaborator contracts in the system and ensure that payment be charged against the corresponding PO.
- Handle vendor wire enrollment information and process weekly wire payments.
- Process payment through ACH and Live check
- Prepare manual check for Wire and ACH.
- Provide financial and administrative services including filing to the Finance Department.
- Process full cycle of payroll, timesheet review, prepare payroll taxes and payroll journal entry, as a backup of payroll staff accountant.
- Handle weekly cash deposit and process monthly deposit entry.
- Review and approve staff expense reports in accordance with IFPRI policy.
- Assist in monthly and year end closing.
- Assist during audit season retrieve files/document for auditors to review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field; or Associate degree plus three years of relevant experience; or High School diploma plus four years of relevant experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated Ability to consistently process high volume of transactions.
- Deltek Costpoint Experience
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time with little opportunity to move/stretch
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.