Director of Operations - Facilities Support Services
- Full Time
Job Title: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Spectrum Management, LLC has been serving the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 20 years and provides a comprehensive array of services that include construction management, facilities management and real estate development services. Spectrum Management is currently seeking a Director of Operations to develop and implement both tactical and strategic projects meant to assist Spectrum Management in meeting its critical goals and objectives.
The Director of Operations will manage a team of up to eight Property Operation Managers overseeing facilities totaling up to eight million square feet. The position warrants knowledge in the field of Facility Management, Operations and Maintenance, Installation and repair as well as some project management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures optimal performance of the operations.
- Continually monitors and reports on key performance indicators.
- Ensures regulatory compliance of operations.
- Identifies operational gaps and develops and implements solutions.
- Validates and ensures that operations are standardized and aligned with company strategy and operational best practices.
- Provides the Leadership Team with operations reports on an on-going basis.
- Structures and executes operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering, and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing final recommendations.
- Identifies the positions needed to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Standardizes operations across all facilities/sites.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential clients and business partners.
- Maintains existing book of business and create new business opportunities.
- Works with the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and Director of Business Development to develop bid strategy and negotiate complex contracts and contract modifications.
- Assists with annual and quarterly acquisition planning meetings to establish delivery schedules and performance expectations.
- Assists with bid and proposal writing, editing and submission.
- Develops and implements processes, technology, and techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiency, reduce costs, and exceed industry standard practices.
- Acts as an adviser to operations teams on new business models, processes, and practices.
- Ensures longer-term contract administration objectives are translated into shorter-term tasks and establishes processes/procedures to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the contracts and pricing functions.
- Establishes and maintains customer service policies and procedures.
- Identifies and monitors key performance indicators for customer service and reports findings to the Leadership Team.
- Responsible for resolving customer service issues that are escalated beyond the program level.
- Reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Director of Operations is a supervisory role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Operations/Management or related field required, Graduate Degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in operations management, property management industry experience preferred
- Proven track record in building relationships across all levels and functions of an organization, as well as with clients and partners
- Experience leading distributed teams in a complex client service environment
- Experienced working with government and private sector clients in a consulting or contract capacity
- Facilities Management Professional (FMP) required
- Sustainability Facility Professional (SFP) preferred
- LEED Green Associate preferred
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking to define business insights and identify market opportunities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Ability to develop and mentor others
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong ability to drive strategic direction
- Ability to influence others and manage conflict effectively
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Tasks involve physical effort, i.e. frequent standing and walking, or occasional lifting (up to 50 lb.); manual dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body to work efficiently on computer keyboard. Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl. Tasks may involve extended periods of time while standing.
- Extended period of standing or walking or sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Task requires:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability.
- The job will require up to 25% regional travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment. Occasionally tasks may be performed in an environment that is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. There is occasional exposure to high, precarious places; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually low, but occasionally can be loud.
Spectrum Management will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and copies of any relevant certifications to HR@smusa.us
Spectrum Management is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply for Director of Operations - Facilities Support Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly