Manager, Quality Measurement
The Manager will execute NQF projects related to quality measurement, including but not limited to consensus development and measure selection. The Manager is specifically responsible for guiding and executing day-to-day aspects of research, environmental scans, measure reviews, and project deliverables.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide the day-to-day activities of projects, including working with project leadership to execute the work.
- Review the work of and provide guidance and coaching to junior staff supporting the projects.
- Conduct and manage the research for NQF projects that include the following tasks:
- Develop synopses or summaries of research findings specifically relevant to the project scope.
- Perform environmental scans for existing measures, current use of measures in programs, best practices, or clinical care guidelines.
- Review measures under consideration for evaluation and selection and provide preliminary recommendations and strategic direction for committee review.
- Work with project management staff to ensure that all projects adhere to the standard processes and standard work; contribute insights for continuous quality improvement.
- Direct and/or produce meeting materials, memos, draft, and final reports.
- Work with the project lead to help facilitate portions of committee meetings, webinars, and conference calls.
- Work with project management staff to ensure that the work completed by project team (i.e., Analysts, Senior Managers, Senior Directors/Directors, subcontractors) is completed on time.
- Work with project management staff and project leadership to manage and monitor assigned budgets and project databases (i.e., OPUS, SmartSheet, SharePoint).
- Work with project management staff to track and report project milestones and develop monthly status reports.
- Work closely with project teams and interface directly with external partners.
- Support and coach junior staff on projects.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education/Certification:
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; health professional degree (e.g., RN, NP, PA) a bonus
Master’s degree in a related field (e.g., MPH, MSHA, MHA, MS) with a least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, public health, health IT or health policy, performance measurement and/or quality improvement
- Experience with meeting facilitation and working with/convening multi-stakeholder groups
- Experience working in a nonprofit membership or consensus-based organization preferred
- Demonstrated success in project management a plus
- Strong working knowledge of quality measurement and federal quality programs a plus
- Demonstrated skills in research (e.g., identifying key questions to be answered by research and distilling key themes and messages from findings)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to assist and guide other team members to complete portions of the project’s research and environmental scans and project deliverables
- Proficiency at drafting large portions of project deliverables with limited guidance
- Ability to anticipate challenges and apply well-informed solutions and process improvements at the project/team level
- Comfort with ambiguity and proficiency with embracing change and adjusting priorities, processes and/or approach as needs dictate
- Facilitation of collaboration needed to achieve individual and team tasks and projects
- Building proficiency with presentation and communication skills, including meeting facilitation skills and leading portions of external calls or meetings; strong writing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency to support, collaborate, train, and lead other colleagues to complete tasks, as well as formal and informal leadership across an organization, promoting teamwork
- Demonstrated analytical ability and sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people at various levels
- Ability to work independently, as well as work well on a team
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Willing to assume responsibility, self-starter who can apply new skills quickly
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite
- Experience with databases (i.e., SharePoint) preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In the primary environment, the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
NQF embraces a culture of excellence through multi-stakeholder collaboration. We encourage and empower each employee to prioritize learning and growing by providing them the resources to deliver excellence. At NQF, you will find a fast-paced, challenging, inspiring and rewarding career. Maximize your talent and join a team committed to setting high standards for better healthcare efficacy and delivery.
NQF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.