Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator
Location: Primarily Remote, within Washington DC Metro Area
Initial Contract Period: 6 Months
Weekly Pay for Length of Contract: $1,100.00
EC Wireless seeks an experienced Executive Assistant who will provide high-quality administrative support to the CEO and team members. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to think proactively and respond quickly and efficiently in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment. The Executive Assistant must build and maintain cooperative, collegial, and collaborative relationships with people at all levels of the organization and with individuals and organizations external to the company.
We are looking for someone friendly, hard-working, self-sufficient, and solutions-oriented. We are searching for someone with drive, eagerness to learn and grow, and strong communication skills. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and want to take on varied and exciting new projects and learn new skills. You’ll need to take effective action without having to know the total picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within and outside the company.
This position is Contract-to-Hire with increasing responsibilities and growth opportunities as job proficiency is demonstrated. The salary range for the eventual FSLA overtime exempt position is expected to be $56-62,000 annually.
- Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation for employees, in compliance with the organization’s travel policy and the daily, weekly, and total project budgets. Create detailed travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones when necessary).
- Prepares and completes expense reports for the CEO.
- Tracks project expenses to ensure project and client budgets are maintained, and reviews expense trends in spending from employees and contractors.
- Negotiates travel deals with car companies, hotels, etc. to reduce travel costs, and uses independent judgment to identify and explore other opportunities to reduce travel costs.
- As necessary, ships out equipment to the field when the CEO and employees are traveling to client sites.
- Checks mail at the remote office biweekly and delivers to the CEO as needed.
- Facilitates compliance process with vendor insurance requirements annually.
- Maintains and updates HR policies and employee handbooks as necessary.
- Oversees maintenance of records, files, equipment and supplies.
- Proactively identifies and resolves back-of-the-office issues for the CEO while they are traveling.
- Provides a bridge for smooth and effective communications between the CEO and internal teams and external clients and stakeholders. Over time, increasing responsibilities will include having calls and emails from external stakeholders and clients routed to them for prioritization, issue resolution, and escalation when necessary.
- Tracks and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items to include meeting notes and action items.
- As appropriate, leads special projects and process improvement initiatives such as researching and implementing project management tracking solutions.
- Upon demonstrated capability, takes on increasing responsibility including running payroll, more direct interaction with customers, and estimating project costs and sending quotes to potential clients.
- Provides extended hours and availability by phone and email outside of typical business hours on occasion to ensure the CEO is fully supported.
- Exercises discretion, and uses independent judgment to identify and prioritize problems, implement solutions, and escalate issues as necessary.
- 3-5 years experience providing administrative, clerical, and client-facing support in the context of a small business environment for a company under 20 employees is required.
- Experience with reconciling expenses, booking travel, and maintaining compliance with travel policies.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain credibility, trust, and support with CEO, employees, and external clients and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, independence, problem-solving ability, effective communication skills, and overall positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve best possible solutions.
- Ability to understand CEO and employee needs, follow directions, ask questions when necessary.
- Ability to handle information with discretion, and deal with professionals inside and outside the company.
- A good listener and communicator who is articulate, responsive, patient, and proactive in asking questions and recommending solutions.
- Desire and aptitude for learning new concepts on the job.
- A self-motivated attitude with commitment to task completion and self-sufficient issue resolution.
- Must be a licensed driver with a reliable vehicle for occasional travel between McLean and Fairfax, VA
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Sharepoint
- Must be willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.