FT Primary Fertility Nurse
The Genetics & IVF Institute (GIVF) is an international healthcare organization known and trusted as a fully integrated, specialized provider of assisted-reproductive treatments, cryobanking and genetics services. GIVF is seeking a FT Primary Fertility Nurse (PFN) to join our team at our headquarters in Fairfax, VA.
This candidate will be responsible for the care and management of IVF patients. Duties include, but are not limited to, the introduction and education of the reproductive program, management of patients throughout the IVF process, physician assistance and support and ensuring patient satisfaction to assist in the long-term growth and success of the practice. The Primary Care Nurse works in conjunction with a designated physician and reports directly to the IVF Nursing Director.
The candidate will also:
- Collaborate with fellow specialist nurses to provide information, support and advice for infertile couples and those seeking assisted conception.
- Be responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the highest standard of clinical care to meet the individual needs of patients.
- Work in conjunction with a designated physician to provide timed treatment plans for Ovulation Induction, Super Ovulation with Intrauterine Insemination, Donor Insemination and In Vitro Fertilization.
- Establish positive rapport with patients based on trust and mutual respect
- Provide compassionate patient care and timely patient communication
- Manage large portfolio of new, returning and existing patients
- Coordinate care for patients undergoing all types of fertility treatment
- Perform direct patient care duties as needed
- Provide patient education for patients undergoing treatment and surgical procedures
- Assess and manage pre- and post-op care for patients as needed
- Perform routine phlebotomy
- Administer medications as instructed
- Willingness to learn and perform intrauterine insemination techniques
- ASN or BSN from an accredited nursing school
- Active RN license in state of Virginia
- Minimum 1 year clinical PACU or similar experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year in women’s health preferred (infertility experience a plus)
- Current BLS required
- Knowledge of Medical Software (Citrix, HER, EPM)
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note PFN in the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V