NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association is looking for an Accounting Specialist to join our Finance Department. This position will report to the Controller - Trusts with matrixed reporting to the Controller – Association for NTCA-related tasks. The Accounting Specialist will play an integral role in primarily supporting the accounts receivable, cash receipts, and collections functions of NTCA and its entities.
What will you do?
Accounts Receivable: Support the accounts receivable processes for NTCA and its entities including in the areas of membership dues, events, and member benefits.
Cash Receipts: Process daily and recurring ACH member payments in an accurate and timely manner. Process and deposit incoming checks.
Collections: Manage the collections processes for all entities by adhering to the collections policies and procedures of NTCA and its entities. Monitor emails and calls from members and perform research as required. Contact delinquent members regarding the status of outstanding accounts and take appropriate follow-up action as required.
Other Duties: Assists external auditors in various annual audits as required. Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following position requirements:
- Minimum 4-year college degree in accounting or business and 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Understanding and strong operational knowledge of accounts receivable practices, especially collections and billings.
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of membership systems, billing systems, credit card processing systems, GP Dynamics, and Microsoft Office Suite skills, including intermediate-level Excel skills.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills; attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines; and effective organizational, and general administrative skills.
Why work for us?
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including, health and wellness plans, Metro/parking subsidy, flexible work schedules, multiple retirement programs, and many more. We are committed to a culture of respect, innovation, collaboration and open communication with a passion for service to our rural broadband members and internal colleagues. We are located within walking distance of the Ballston Metro Station.
NTCA COVID-19 Precautions:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place