Junior Interior Designer
We are hiring for a Junior Interior Designer.
About the Company:
Christopher Boutlier Interiors & Art Consultancy is a luxury boutique, award-winning, commercial and residential interior design firm. We are designers, artists, managers, and craftsmen, who together combine both the analytical and the creative minds to provide innovative solutions to our interior design and visual communication projects. We believe in bringing our clients an exceptional product with exceptional service.
Interior Designer Qualifications:
- Knowledge of design process and phasing procedures, scheduling and design budgets.
- Working knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Working knowledge in drafting interior design drawing packages including finish plans and material specification, schedules, RCP, and electrical plans.
- Ability to coordinate with product vendors, makers, fabricators, and installers.
- Strong space planning skills and knowledge of design methodology.
- Working knowledge of the application of color, materials, and aesthetic form.
- Working knowledge of furniture specification, including window treatments and installation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an architectural or interior design environment.
- A degree in interior design, interior architecture, architecture, or a related field.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Sketch-up.
- Basic knowledge of ADA and life safety codes.
Office Culture & Applicant Traits
The right candidate for this job is honest, genuine, kind, respectful and self-starting with the ability to problem solve and work individually as well as the ability to work as a team to find solutions. This candidate is interested in working with the company toward a common purpose, to serve the client and create an exceptional product with exceptional service. This candidate truly enjoys design, creativity and working with a small group of coworkers to make the workplace a place of teamwork, helpfulness and an enjoyable, fun and positive place to be.
Please forward cover letter, resume with references and portfolio