Electra.aero is a modern aerospace company developing clean, quiet hybrid-electric aircraft and is devoted to the global mobility transformation. Our team of aerospace legends, led by industry pioneer John Langford, is growing at lightning speed. We're on a quest to build a team of insanely talented people who want to do meaningful work. Electra is headquartered in Northern VA but we call a few places home - Washington, D.C.; Charleston, SC; Boston, MA; and Bern, Switzerland. Come join us on our epic adventure to save the planet!
Electra is looking for a Financial Analyst who can provide insights and analysis to help our business grow and thrive.
What You'll Do
- Support the Chief Financial Officer with budget preparation, program reviews, quarterly updates, variance analysis, indirect cost rate analysis, and audit preparation
- Provide significant unplanned and ad hoc analysis and support to the CFO and the wider Electra team, including analysis for investors, our sales team, our operations team and our auditors.
- Serve as the company's ERP expert helping our team navigate the system, ensuring data integrity, and recommending changes as our business grows.
- Develop financial reports that are insightful, visual and help us manage the business.
- Help ensure compliance with governing procurement regulations as well as corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis to support customer pricing and procurement proposals; providing a direct opportunity to help the company generate revenue and negotiate savings.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- 2+ years of prior work experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- 2+ years of prior work experience in accounting; accounting coursework will be considered.
- Must possess or quickly obtain a working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint accounting systems.
- Proficient MS Office skills (must have strong Excel skills)
- Experience with internal reporting including revenue, profit, cash, and program performance.
- Comfortable navigating new territory, trying new things, experimenting, and learning new skills.
- Precise & detail-oriented when it matters and comfortable making estimates when appropriate.
- Adept in a global work environment with remote team members.
- Able to prioritize work, manage multiple stakeholders and say no.
- Familiarity with government contracts accounting
Electra is proud to offer a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Electra will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.