The purpose of this position is to help support the Data Analytics (DA) Team with report development and support for ASHA databases, including designing and developing queries, stored procedures, views, datasets for analysis, and data warehouse development. This position also assists the Data Analytics Team with data quality assurance, development of technical documentation, and other data stewardship tasks. The incumbent will also provide end-user support, including problem diagnosis, correction, and documentation. To be successful in the position a candidate will require strong SQL skills, the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and be excited to utilize data for decision-making.
- Assist the DA Team in utilizing ASHA’s data assets through:
- Extraction of data using database queries;
- Data process development through the use stored procedures, functions, and views;
- Curation of datasets to support BI processes.
- Provide end-user support for the Association Management System (AMS), including fielding requests and gathering requirements from end users for advanced database queries and reports.
- Work closely with the DA Team to assess and meet data analytics needs including:
- End-user support for the Association Management System (AMS);
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with existing queries and reports;
- Technical assistance to end users.
- Write and maintain technical process documentation for DA Team applications and processes.
- Assist the DA Team in processing list requests for end users through the support of a list cutting tool or development of custom queries.
- Work in concert with ASHA’s Data Architect to convert data and create SSIS packages between internal applications and ASHA data warehouses or data marts.
- Assist the DA Team with data stewardship and data management efforts as a subject matter expert.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related field,
- 1–3 years of related experience.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Experience using any or all of the following programming languages and/or tools: Visual Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Management Studio, BIML, cloud-based architecture such as Amazon Redshift or Microsoft Azure, C#, and/or Power BI;
- Experience preferred in data warehouse/data mart development and business intelligence reporting;
- Experience preferred in the curation of data sources for use in BI reporting;
- Demonstrated skills in MS-Windows 10 and higher and MS-Office (Office 365 suite);
- Demonstrated skills in MS-Windows environment and MS-Office (MS-Word and MS-Excel);
- Demonstrated experience supporting a data and analysis life cycle.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong customer service skills
- Analytical and technical problem-solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail and concern for data quality and data stewardship;
- Passion to provide data-based analysis and recommendations;
- Ability to easily adapt to changing priorities;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Strong oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new data storage solutions and approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and document user requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements into program specifications.