Manager, Project Portfolio and Process Improvement
The Manager, Project Portfolio and Process Improvement in the Office of Business Excellence (OBE) plays a key role in coordinating the management, communication and execution for ASHA’s project portfolio, facilitates the successful delivery of process improvement initiatives, and provides planning, guidance, support, and execution of project management activities. The Manager, Project Portfolio and Process Improvement is responsible for supporting ASHA employees with tools, templates, methodologies, and techniques related to project portfolio management, project management and process improvement, in order to advance the culture of business excellence and effectively execute best-in-class business practices. The incumbent will offer project portfolio management, process improvement and project management services to ASHA's National Office staff.
- Coordinate project portfolio management (PPM) activities that support ASHA priorities and help develop effective ways to advance PPM maturity.
- Provide project portfolio management, project management and process improvement guidance and support to ASHA staff.
- Establish and maintain the roadmap of key projects and deliverables that support operational excellence; maintain up-to-date status and communicate assessments and plans to stakeholders; manage changes to initiatives in progress, in order to help achieve optimal results; manage project priorities based on resource availability and necessary software product upgrade schedules.
- Design and execute an annual project selection cycle that will allow staff the opportunity to suggest new projects, undergo discussion, prioritization and selection; communicate results to staff in an effective and clear manner.
- Manage and collaborate with functional groups to conduct business process analysis, identify problems or gaps in processes, determine course of action and impacts to the organization, and recommend measurable improvement changes.
- Provide clear and engaging training and coaching on project management and process improvement topics.
- Support staff and act as a facilitator in training, processes, procedures, and policies to effectively manage projects and implement process improvement strategies.
- Conduct full life-cycle project management on selected projects, including project execution and communication, scheduling, milestone tracking, issue management, and change management.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills (Qualifications)
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5–7 years’ work experience in project management
- Minimum 3–5 years' work experience in project portfolio management in a Project Management Office
- Minimum 3–5 years’ work experience in business analysis or process improvement
- Experience in providing business training and consultation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Green or Black Belt) preferred
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience implementing standardized project management and portfolio management processes
- Proficient in project management tracking software
- Proficient in business process mapping tools and techniques, flowcharts and visual diagrams
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio)
- Knowledge of a formal project management methodology, such as the PMBOK (preferred)
- Proficient in project estimating and project budgets
- Expert knowledge in quality management, vendor management, risk management, and change management
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong oral communication skills; adept at gathering and summarizing information quickly, completely, accurately, and clearly
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining business relationships, with ability to interact with clients at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled facilitator
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams, acts as a team player
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to create and collaborate on compelling and appropriate verbal and visual presentations