Customer Service Representative I - Revenue
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Customer Service Representative I – Billing (Revenue)
Under close supervision of the Supervisor, Revenue Management performs billing procedures required to efficiently, accurately, and completely record revenue.
Essential functions include:
- Answers customer questions concerning services, billing, and payment.
- Researches customer inquiries, assesses and fulfills customer needs, educates the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking.
- Reviews high and low consumption readings, suspended bills, and other various system billing reports to determine course of action necessary to correct or adjust the account to bill. Creates field service orders in order to obtain information necessary to bill the account.
- Performs billing adjustments to resolve routine billing errors, including reinstatement of accounts, and courtesy leak adjustments.
- Analyzes billing exception reports for billing abnormalities with special emphasis on implausible accounts.
- Coordinates retail bill production.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Graduation from high school and a minimum of two years related experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Ability to effectively plan, organize, and communicate orally. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers in writing. Ability to perform accurate basic mathematical computations. Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships. Proficiency with a personal computer and ability to quickly learn software applications. Ability to respond to emergencies and work overtime when necessary. Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. Applications must be received by May 11, 2021 at 4:30PM.