Sewing Team Operator
We are looking for talented sewing operators and tailors to join our team.
Good Pay - Fun Environment – Incentives - Paid Vacation and Holidays
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
For over 25 years, world-renowned designer Karla Colletto has redefined swimwear with every collection by using the latest innovations in synthetic fabrics and cutting-edge manufacturing techniques.
By manufacturing each piece in-house to ensure a dressmaker-like quality and using only the most luxurious materials, Karla Colletto quickly created an haute niche for themselves in the market.
Karla Colletto’s collections can be found on the racks of upscale retailers Bergdorf Goodman, Saks FIfth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, and Everything But Water. And also on top fashion websites Net-a-porter, Neiman Marcus and Shopbop.
- Minimum of 2 years industrial factory sewing experience.
- Experience with stretch fabric preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to produce professional, finished high-quality garments.
- Demonstrated ability and proficiency on more than one machine type/operation including single needle, 3-thread overlock, overlock with elastic, 4-thread safety, cover stitch, and bar tack
- Work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Work effectively individually and as a member of a small team of 3-4 persons.
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Visually Inspect parts for quality and with measuring tools as needed
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Work hours are 8 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday, occasional overtime is available seasonally
- Learn, apply and retain Karla Colletto policies and procedures, follow all construction and quality standards.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Complete required training and actively seek other training opportunities.
- Maintain professional relationships with coworkers and contribute to a high quality work environment.
- Ability to complete daily assignments with accuracy and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Subject to intermittent physical activity including moving about the facility, bending, reaching, lifting, standing and prolonged periods of sitting.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks is required such as pushing, pulling, grabbing, reaching, twisting, pinching, cutting with scissors, and operating a foot pedal.
- Ability to see details within in two feet.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally.