Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
- Plan and direct production activities and establishes production priorities for products consistent with the effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinate production, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel, machines, and equipment.
- Supervises, coordinates, and provides leadership to and reviews the work of assigned staff, responsible for the development and training of the production supervisors and other staff members.
- Partner with Plant Safety Coordinator to maintain and enforce the safety program for the plant; assure compliance with OSHA and all Corporate regulations and guidelines.
- Review and analyze production reports (OEE, downtime, waste, etc.) to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and/or operating or production problems.
- Collaborate with and assist the Plant Manager in the development and implementation of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Ensures machines and equipment are operating at maximum performance and optimum utilization and makes recommendations regarding methods and procedures as required
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Works with Human Resources and company management to resolve worker grievances or employee relations issues
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective manner with customers, co-workers, clients and supervisors
- Performs other job duties as assigned by supervisor
- Technical certification in a related field or five years experience in a fabrication related industry or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses effective and efficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in oral or written form and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry, or move up to 50 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.