Tech Policy Intern
Tech Policy Intern
The National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) has an immediate opening for an AI Applications Developer to join the Tech Equity team. NFHA is the only national organization dedicated to eliminating housing discrimination and promoting residential integration in America. Founded in 1988, NFHA is a consortium of private, non-profit fair housing organizations dedicated to promoting equal housing, lending, and insurance opportunities through education, outreach, advocacy, training, research, and enforcement. For more information about NFHA, visit www.nationalfairhousing.org.
The Tech Equity team has a mandate to advance policies, educational resources, tools, and mechanisms for diminishing and ending bias in technologies being used in housing and mortgage lending.
The Tech Policy Associate will assist NFHA’s Tech Equity team on work related to advocacy for regulation of AI and machine learning models. Under the guidance and leadership of Senior Advisor of the tech equity initiative, the Associate will also assist with drafting communications, writing technical documents accessible to non-technical readers, drafting articles that illuminate AI blind spots or deleterious impacts of machine learning solutions in the absence of oversights, and writing blog articles aimed at educating the public on aspects of AI or machine learning that require oversights. Under the supervision of NFHA’s Senior Advisor for the tech equity initiative, the Associate may assist in the education of legislative offices and federal agencies on fair use of technologies in housing and mortgage lending.
- Policy research and writing related to use of AI or machine learning in housing and finance
- Research and analyze trends in policy implications of use of machine learning or AI in housing and finance
- Legislative and administrative policy analysis, drafting of advocacy materials, and other related duties
- Collaborate with member services, enforcement, and other NFHA departments.
- Monitor and analyze policy issues and developments of importance to Tech Equity and provide strategic reports to NFHA’s Senior Advisor for the tech equity initiative
- Conduct research industry leaders, civil rights organizations, consumer protection advocates, and other external constituents to know their policy positions on tech equity issues that are of interest to NFHA
- Prepare reports and material to facilitate presentations to tech equity stakeholders within or external to NFHA
- Pursuing undergraduate master's degree in social sciences, preferably sociology, political science, or other related disciplines
- Passionate about public policy (experience with or openness to tech policy preferred)
- Experience with advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences, persuasively and diplomatically
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work in an agile environment
- Experience with Slack, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft 365 apps, Google Workspace, and JIRA
- Adhere to NFHA’s policies and procedures
- Commitment to justice, civil rights, and equity
Salary commensurate with experience with health, vision, dental, and retirement benefit plans provided. NFHA is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in its workforce. Interested applicants should send a resume, sample project (if available), and cover letter to:
Attn: Personnel via email at email@example.com. No telephone calls, please.
The position will remain open until filled.
Apply for Tech Policy Intern
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly