Consumer Website and Content Marketing Director
Paper and Packaging Board (P+PB)
The Paper and Packaging Board (P+PB) is the oversight board for the paper and paper-based packaging sectors’ consumer promotion campaign (otherwise known as Paper Checkoff) designed to slow the rate of decline in paper consumption and increase demand for paper-based packaging.
The Director is charged with overseeing the board’s evolving consumer website, www.HowLifeUnfolds.com, and the creation and execution of its multimedia content. This involves working with P+PB’s website/content agency and P+PB’s advertising, social and digital P+PB staff to develop integrated content strategies and measurement goals.
The Director serves as chief storyteller of the paper industry’s sustainability story online ensuring a strategically aligned and consistent storytelling voice and message that brings the advertising, PR, social, search, to life. The Director will help develop and curate a website experience that enhances the campaign’s story telling objectives. The Director will set metrics that demonstrate how content contributes to campaign ROI. The Director will develop, supervise, and mentor a small team.
Online Content Strategy and Storyteller
- Work with P+PB agencies and staff to develop and execute an annual content plan integrated with the advertising, PR, and social outreach to develop content which helps to advance the organization's marketing or public relations strategies and helps to drive the engagement of the target audience supporting and presenting a consistent voice to visitors regardless of source or placement.
- Oversee production of a timely and relevant editorial calendar coordinated with social and other campaign marketing efforts. Edit and write content as needed.
- Manage agency and internal content contributors consisting of writers, graphic designers, videographers.
- Assign projects to and track deliverables from a team of agencies and other writers and editors that produce content.
- Coordinate content promotion with paid digital, PR, and Social teams across all digital platforms, including paid digital and social media.
Online Consumer Journey and Experience
- Oversee P+PB’s consumer-facing website and consumer's online journey.
- Create and evaluate content contributions to our online content ecosystem, from you or others, consistent with P+PB brand strategy destined to reach and appeal to campaign audiences.
- Craft and manage workflow processes that drive cross-departmental planning, development, execution, and implementation of campaign content.
- Work with P+PB team to continuously monitor and optimize content in terms of engagements, completion rates and click through to other related articles and related brand content.
- Provide input on videos, blogs, articles, white papers, press releases, and more.
- Work with the internal community management team to respond to online social and questions from website users and monitor trends.
- Implement reporting metrics that help measure the quantity and quality of the online content results including ROI using clipping services, social media reporting, and other monitoring and reporting tools.
- Review monthly program performance, communicate results to P+PB staff appropriate partners, and make recommendations for key areas of improvement.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or related field
- 10-15 years of experience in website development and content management
- Knowledge of social media and engagement through digital media
- Employee management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Leading interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent judgment and experience in dealing with media, senior and board-level executives, and has experience serving as a high-level organizational spokesperson
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with managing social engagement through digital media such as blogs, webinars, and social networks, including knowledge of analytics
- Agency/vendor resource management and project management experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Paper + Packaging Board is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Paper + Packaging Board are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other category protected by law.
Apply for Consumer Website and Content Marketing Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly