ASSISTANT BUYER NF3
Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) is looking for the best and brightest to join our Team! MCCS is a comprehensive program that supports and enhances the quality of life for Marines, their families, and others in the Marine Corps Community. We offer a team oriented environment comprised of military personnel, civilian employees, contractors and volunteers who keep the organization functioning smoothly and effectively. As a service-oriented organization, we never waver in our commitment to our Corps.
This position is located at Quantico, VA. Candidates selected for this position will serve as an Assistant Buyer.
- Supports buyer(s) with reviews and recommendations for new products, vendors, and managing projects that may include, but not limited to: Promotions, events, training, purchase order (PO) management, order log, order tracking, marketing planning and support, pricing and markdown management, store layout/flow and communication. Assistant buyers assist with and may be responsible for certain aspects related to buying a particular category or business. Assists in establishing selling prices, negotiating terms, delivery dates, special promotions and discounts for designated categories. Manages inventory levels of assigned lines of business (LOB's) through open-to-buy.
- Maintains relationships with all vendor partners, coordinates meetings and product reviews.
- Supports the Buying team(s) to ensure balanced inventories and achieve maximum sales, turnover, and gross margin levels.
- Ensures that monthly open to buy forecasts are executed for departments of responsibility and inventories are on plan.
- Analyzes reports to gather information and report on trends, problem areas, and deficiencies to improve processes, maximize sales and manage inventory levels. Works to develop expertise in the retail merchandise system to understand proper replenishment, distribution and allocation of merchandise.
- Maintains auto replenishment assortment for departments of responsibility.
- May negotiate support from vendors for cooperative advertising, freight concessions, markdown support, displays, training, vendor provided in-store support, and any other allowances as directed and are standard in the marketplace.
- Assists in the selection of merchandise and coordinates inventory for promotions. Prepares advertising and coop forms, worksheets, secures samples and performs other related duties as needed in conjunction with corporate promotional events. Assists in developing vendor produced inserts/flyers to tie-in with major promotional events.
- Ensures ad merchandise is allocated to all stores in proper quantities and on time.
- Ensures Marine Corps Exchange (MCX) store associates and operations are provided with complete merchandising information pertinent to assigned departments or merchandise classifications communicated through Playbooks, ConneXion, or other approved means of communications with stores.
- Assists in management review of retail operations of MCX pertaining to assigned categories. In conjunction with the Buyer, analyzes, develops and recommends procedures to be used in resolving specific problems to ensure effective merchandising operations.
- Assists Buyer with projection of monthly permanent and POS markdowns, and ensures timely and accurate communication of price changes through systems and delivered to the stores.
- Assistant Buyer is the liaison for buying team and all other MCCS departments to ensure smooth flow of operations between buyer and logistics, store operations, marketing, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), planning, IT, Retail Support Group, and others as needed.
- Under the supervision and by direction of the Buyer may assume buying responsibility for assigned merchandise classifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Merchandise Management, Marketing or a related field appropriate to work of the position, OR an appropriate combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of knowledge and skill equivalent to that gained in the above, OR three years of practical experience that demonstrates knowledge of retail buying, advertising, and merchandising techniques.
- Ability to become familiar and comply with DoD, Department of the Navy, and Marine Corps directives, policies, and regulations covering retail operations. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages of Excel, and Power Point.
- Eligible for incremental telework as determined by MR/MF policy.
- Measures of Effectiveness: To ensure that all employees are working in a way that aligns with our mission and values, in addition to yearly goals, performance against the following critical elements will be reviewed during the Performance Management Process:
- All employees: Work Quality, Customer Service, Interpersonal Skills. How To Apply
- All applications must be submitted online via the MCCS Careers website: https://careers.usmc-mccs. org
- Resumes/applications emailed or mailed will not be considered for this vacancy announcement.
- Resumes with personal photos will not be considered for this vacancy.
- To be considered for employment, the application or resume must be submitted online by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement.
- Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your MCCS user account and review your application status.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Applicants are assured of equal consideration regardless of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, GINA, political affiliation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, marital status, physical handicap which has no bearing on the ability to perform the duties of the position. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
It is Department of Navy (DON) policy to provide a workplace free of discrimination and retaliation. The DON No Fear Act policy link is provided for your review: https://www.donhr.navy.mil/NoFearAct. asp.
As part of the employment process, Human Resources Division may obtain a Criminal Record Check and/or an Investigative Consumer Report. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI). For all positions requiring access to firearms or ammunition, the Federal Government is prohibited from employing individuals in these positions who have ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, or a felony crime of domestic violence adjudged on or after 27 November 2002. Selectees for such positions must submit a completed DD Form 2760, Qualification to Possess Firearms or Ammunition, before a final job offer can be made.
Direct Deposit of total NET pay is mandatory as a condition of employment for all appointments to positions within MCCS.
*Education/certification certificate(s), if applicable. *If prior military, DD214 Member Copy
This activity is a Drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace, and Marines, sailors, and their family members have a right to a reliable and productive Federal workforce.
Involuntarily separated members of the armed forces and eligible family members applying through the Transition Assistance Program must submit a written request/statement (may be obtained from the MCCS Human Resources Office) and present ID card with "TA" stamped in red on front of card.
INDIVIDUALS SELECTED FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE CHANGED TO PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME AT MANAGEMENT'S DISCRETION WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION.
ALL ONLINE APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1159PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST) ON THE CLOSING DATE LISTED IN THE JOB POSTING.