Document Imaging Specialist
The Records Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Document Imaging Specialist in the Washington DC office. The Document Imaging Specialist is responsible for organization, maintenance and review of physical files for the purpose of imaging documents.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving physical files and converting them into an electronic format.
- Preparing documents for scanning (i.e., removing staples, paper and binder clips).
- Identifying which material is appropriate for imaging following the firm’s guidelines with the assistance from the Document Review Specialists and legal staff.
- Assisting Document Review Specialists to identify and destroy material subject to destruction orders.
- Monitoring the quality of imaged documents prior to accepting them into the firm’s document management system.
- Ensuring the timely scanning of documents and reporting all discrepancies to the Manager, Records Department for resolution.
- Performing minor maintenance of reproduction equipment (i.e., resolving paper jams, placing service calls and conducting routine cleaning).
- Creating and filing a Notice of Destruction for all documents converted into electronic format prior to destruction and properly disposing of all hard copy files after the material has been scanned.
- Assisting the Records Manager with the authorized transfer of electronic and physical files.
- Assisting the Document Review Specialists cull material for closed matters as physical files are received in the department.
- A minimum of two years of records management and/or legal assistant experience.
- Experience with electronic files in a legal environment is a plus.
- A minimum of 45 wpm typing.
- Knowledge of scanning equipment.
- Proficiency in a range of computer software applications, including programs and databases such as, MSWord, Excel, Filesite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in handling a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster .
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.