Pest Control Technician
2 days left
- Full Time
Family owned and operated for 20+ years, Alexandria Pest Services is looking for new talent. We are looking for individuals dedicated the industry with a desire to expand their knowledge and experience within the field. Experience preferred, but not required. Paid training provided.
Job Description: We are looking for a full-time pest control technician who is a hard-working team player. Experience is preferred and pay is based on experience and certifications. Benefits include health insurance, short-term disability, life insurance and 401K, use of company vehicle, phone and tablet, paid vacation, and sick time. We also provide payment for license renewals and certifications.
Position Summary: Manage a route providing pest prevention and inspection services to residential and commercial clients. Manage existing accounts and is responsible for growth of the route. Provide professional, friendly, cordial service to clients, work to build strong relationships and solve problems, and recommend actions to prevent future pest control problems.
- Locate, identify, control, and repel pests.
- Use knowledge of pests’ biology and habits, along with pest management techniques such as applying chemicals, setting traps, operating equipment, and modifying structures to alleviate pest problems.
- Maintains customer records in an organized and thorough manner.
- Work flexible schedule as required to meet client expectations, including Saturday.
- Work in safe manner by state requirements, OSHA, and APS policies and procedures and maintaining and utilizing required safer equipment when providing pest management services.
- Follow company guidelines when using tools, equipment, and materials. Maintain proper inventory of tools, equipment, and materials in company vehicle. Communicate daily with service manager. Complete paperwork accurately and timely.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Driving Record Review
- Ability to develop long-term customer relationships.
- Behaves consistently and predictable – reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Diligently checks work to ensure that all essential details have been considered, notices errors or inconsistencies, and takes prompt, thorough action to correct errors.
- Cooperative, willing to share knowledge, cross train, and take on additional responsibilities.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
- Jobs require standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to pass background check include drugs, clearance, etc.
- Valid Driver’s license- no more than 2 points
- Preferred-Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Registered/Certified Pesticide Technician Certification.
Apply for Pest Control Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly