7 days left
- Full Time
The Communications and Public Affairs Division of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Editor I for a 1-year, renewable appointment. This position is based in Washington, DC. The Editor I will edit and write text for IFPRI’s website, copyedit and proofread a variety of products including web and print material, and assist with project management tasks.
- Provide support for IFPRI’s website and Intranet content, including writing and editing event invitations, project summaries, and topic descriptions.
- Copyedit a range of IFPRI materials, including web and print products from brochures to academic journal articles.
- Assist with other editorial tasks, including document formatting and proofreading.
- Work with the broader communications team to ensure web content and publications are produced in a timely manner and that content is accurate and interesting.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as English, Communications, International Development, Economics) plus 2 years of work experience in copyediting, web content development, and/or communications. Or Master’s degree in related field.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Detail oriented and well organized; able to work independently.
- Strong communication skills in English; able to communicate positively and effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to interpret and synthesize academic writing for the layperson.
- Interest in international development, food security, and economics.
- Copyediting certificate.
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), a CGIAR Research Center, is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.