1 day left
- Part Time
The National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Accountant to join our Accounting Department. NFHA is the only national organization dedicated to eliminating housing discrimination and promoting residential integration in America. Founded in 1988, NFHA is a consortium of private, non-profit fair housing organizations dedicated to promoting equal housing, lending, and insurance opportunities through education, outreach, advocacy, training, research, and enforcement. For more information about NFHA, visit www.nationalfairhousing.org.
We are looking for a diligent Accountant to join our accounting department working 3 - 4 days a week. By designing this position to be a part-time role, we are looking for individuals who are seeking rewarding and challenging work but not seeking a full-time position. The part time position is for 24 – 32 hours per week. NFHA is currently working 100% remotely, when we return to the office we expect the individual hired for this role to work from the office at least one day a week. The part-time Accountant's responsibilities will include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, monthly grant account reconciliation, bank reconciliation, new employees on boarding, benefits management. You will also be assisting the SVP of Finance as needed and respond to information requests by management.
To be successful as a part-time Accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). An outstanding Accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations
- Contributing to the development and review of grant budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for journal entries and grant reports.
- Performing monthly grant reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and grant preparations.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the SVP of Finance as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent knowledge of grant reporting
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
The salary range for this position is $40 - $45 per hour depending on experience. This is a part-time position; the final applicant is not eligible for any employer provided benefits. NFHA is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Personnel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls, please.
Applications are due by April 26, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
Apply for Part-Time Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly