Digital Content Strategist
The purpose of this position is to provide strategic support in the planning, creation and implementation of content across ASHA’s digital channels (i.e., websites, social media, video, email communications). The incumbent will be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of ASHA’s overall digital content strategy and brand voice across ASHA’s digital channels and provide guidance and training to staff in the development of their digital content. As coached by the Director Digital Communications, the incumbent will keep websites’ content current, accurate, and findable, as well as suggesting strategies for presentation enhancements.
- Lead the development and maintenance of ASHA’s overall digital content strategy through collaboration with internal stakeholders that is based on member needs, business goals and best practices.
- Identify content needs, develop content strategies and work closely with UX, design, and production teams to implement.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and address their digital content needs and serve as a resource with respect to writing, style, voice and content structure.
- Provide editorial leadership and voice support for ASHA’s enterprise enewsletter and identify content and manage editorial calendar for ASHA.org homepage.
- Develop strategic ASHA digital content prioritized by ASHA’s Strategic Pathway, and provide content strategy expertise to associated campaigns working collaboratively with SME’s, marketing, creative media and other units.
- Manage the content lifecycle of other priority ASHA sites —identify content needs, develop content strategies, and plan site updates. sites.
- Manage ASHA’s multimedia content—manage video standards, coordinate addition of new content, maintain existing content, and increase viewership.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest technologies and best practices in managing digital content, identify potential areas of improvement, and recommend implementation strategies.
Knowledge typically acquired through:
- B.A. / B.S.
- Relevant experience in managing digital content
- Continuing education or coursework in digital content
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge:
- 2-3 years’ experience developing and managing digital content in a complex publishing environment
- Advanced understanding ofdigital content development, information architecture, search engine optimization, web analytics and accessibility
- Advanced understanding of content strategy for major digital channels (i.e., websites, social media, video, email communications)
- Demonstrated excellence in web writing and editing
- Ability to train and support others in content development
- Experience with HTML and content management systems is helpful
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using Photoshop or other imaging software is helpful
- Familiarity with principles of page layout and design is helpful
- Familiarity with principles of usability and user experience design is helpful
Scope and depth of non-technical skills/knowledge:
- Strategic thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Project management