Industry Channel Manager
Paper + Packaging Board
The Paper + Packaging Board (P+PB) is the oversight board for the paper and paper-based packaging sectors’ consumer promotion campaign (otherwise known as Paper Checkoff) designed to slow the rate of decline in paper consumption and increase demand for paper-based packaging.
The Industry Channel Manager is a marketing-oriented, relationship builder who knows how to manage projects and can plan and execute our B2B channel programs with efficiency and with strong attention to detail. Our marketing campaign primarily targets consumers but is also leveraged to support customers choosing paper and paper packaging for their business decisions by connecting and amplifying the campaign messaging through the supply chain.
The Industry Channel Manager works on the Industry Outreach team and will specifically support and help build two programs/initiatives. Having a foundation in B2B marketing strategy is important as you will be translating, building, and growing a channel program that will be directly linked to the consumer campaign and extend the campaign’s brand.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies, processes, and procedures for programs.
- Oversee and design channel campaigns and manage creative development aspects.
- Draft marketing communications, including promotional publications, presentations, etc. Review and edit communications to ensure they are clear, thorough, on-brand, and amplify the campaign’s message.
- Administer established policies and procedures providing input on departmental budgeting, strategic planning, and procedural changes.
- Determine content to include in the program and continue to seek program buy-in.
- Determine the sources and methods by which to promote and sell the program(s).
- Build and maintain relationships with B2B partner companies and their stakeholders.
- Interface with member companies to seek feedback on the program.
- Collect data on the performance of specific communications and campaigns and modify strategies to improve performance.
- Utilize market data and analyses to recommend trade marketing strategies to upper management.
- Monitor and track program success and analytics through regular engagement with analytics programs.
- Provide analysis of aggregated data and reports as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a similar field.
- 5-7 years progressive experience and responsibility in a marketing, business development, or PR/communications role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation experience, and comfortable speaking to small and larger groups, good written communication skills.
- Experience developing marketing strategy and creating/producing marketing and/or sales materials, printed and digital assets for use in B2B marketing and communications.
- Analytical skills and experience tracking and reporting results – KPIs and packaging success metrics.
- Exposure or some experience of CRM programs – to support the analysis and possible implementation of a CRM for our supply chain efforts.
- Program and/or Project Management experience.
- Experience leading a program or initiative.
- Experience working with outside agencies.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Persuasive communication skills
- Ability to influence
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Paper + Packaging Board is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Paper + Packaging Board are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other category protected by law.
Apply for Industry Channel Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly