Big Data Technologist
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button. Applications submitted without a resume will not be accepted.
The FBI Applications and Data Division is looking for passionate technologists to help us face some of the nation’s toughest IT challenges. We provide end-to-end technical services for applications and data that enable FBI Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts around the world to protect the American public and uphold the U.S. Constitution. Join us in developing technologies to further the mission of the FBI. Our goal is simple: stay ahead of threats by delivering on the potential of software and data.
As a Big Data Technologist, you will design and build solutions for Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts that bring together data lakes from disparate sources; analyze real-time data and come up with conclusions and predictions to reduce future risks; extract mission-critical intelligence; and provide advanced analytics to FBI investigative teams.
Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Must pass an FBI polygraph examination.
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy:
- No use of marijuana within the last three years.
- No use of any other illegal drug in the past 10 years.
- No selling, distributing, manufacturing or transporting of any illegal drugs.
- No use of a prescription drug or a legally obtainable substance in a manner for which it was not intended within the last three years.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
- Must never have knowingly or willfully engaged in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. government by force.
- Must never have failed to file federal, state or local income tax returns.
- Must not be in default on a student loan insured by the U.S. government.
- Must not be in default on court-ordered child support payments.
- Must be registered with the Selective Service System (males only, exceptions apply).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university and must be verified by submitting college transcripts.
Specialized Experience (SE)
- Experience developing solutions using the Hadoop ecosystem, including HDFS, YARN, Spark, MapReduce, HIVE, Zookeeper, Kafka, Storm and Hue, as well as experience with NoSQL and graph databases such as Accumulo, Hbase, MongoDB, Gaffer, Graphulo and SecureGraph.
- Experience with search indexes such as Elasticsearch or Solr and experience using Splunk or ELK Stack to aggregate and mine cluster and application logs. The job requires the ability to write quality code and tests in one or more scripting/programming languages (Java, Scala, Python, R, Bash, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to develop RESTful web service APIs; experience with automated environment configuration and deployment tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible; and Linux Unix OS experience (including shell scripting and basic commands).
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile tools and DevOps techniques such as: continuous integration, continuous delivery; build and test automation; test driven development; etc.
Apply for Big Data Technologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly