Multiple Positions Available:
Arlington, VA, Silver Spring, MD & Baltimore, MD
The Service Technician is a complete professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The Technician will be responsible for preserving the condition and functionality of all property equipment, systems and site conditions. They will perform a variety of tasks such as painting and site cleanliness, as well as preventive and corrective maintenance of electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, equipment, and systems. They will also respond to resident service requests in a timely manner, and perform duties related to making vacant units market ready. Additionally, they will perform after-hours and emergency response duties as directed.
• Completing all work tickets, scheduled & unscheduled maintenance activities.
• Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
• Preventive maintenance inspections and repairs.
• Timely maintenance and repairs of all apartments and common areas.
• Preparation and turnover of vacant units.
• Perform building and property inspections as assigned.
• Inspect life safety systems (fire, protection) and report discrepancies to their manager.
• Maintain property cleanliness.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Universal CFC Certification.
• Two-years’ experience with apartment building maintenance.
• Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems.
• Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
• Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to coordinate long variety projects and on-going assignments.
• Ability to maintain equipment.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Flexibility with schedules and weekend hours.
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or visit & apply on our website www.ahcinc.org, under the ‘About Us’ tab. EOE