Lead Service Technician
Lead Service Technician
The Lead Service Technician is considered to have an advanced level of skills and educational background to provide maintenance and repair services for a multifamily community. The position is designated for an individual requiring little to no supervision and can work autonomously. The position is usually assigned to communities in size of 100 units or less. The individual should have formal knowledge of industry level repairs for electrical items, plumbing, HVAC systems, carpentry, window/glass, appliance and cleaning. In addition to performing the tasks associated with interior apartments, the individual should be able to perform exterior functions of the same disciplines along with painting, landscape equipment, and repair for the community’s amenities. Additionally, the position requires an adequate level of understanding for organization, planning, inventory control and expense budgeting. The individual is directly supervised by the Community Manager and is assigned tasks and duties accordingly.
• Self-motivated individual to provide oversight for a small community maintenance program.
• Monitor and maintain the life cycle management of building systems and physical plant through preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Perform intermediate electrical, carpentry, painting and plumbing maintenance.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance work on HVAC systems.
• Have an understanding and adhere to Section 608 of the Clean Air Act regarding the purchase, install, and recovery of refrigerant.
• Provide support and effort to completing apartment turns as assigned.
• Operate/ maintain stand-alone and building wide HWH and boiler systems as applicable.
• Understanding of the operation, troubleshooting, and repair of convectors as applicable.
• Maintain parts inventory, order parts and maintain required documents.
• Ability to develop simple scopes for projects and conduct request for proposals.
• Perform other work-related duties as directed.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Universal CFC Certification.
• 2-4 years working experience in facility maintenance including HVAC, electrical, carpentry & small appliance repair.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to coordinate long variety projects and on-going assignments.
• Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
• Ability to maintain equipment.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Flexibility with schedules and weekend hours.
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or visit & apply on our website www.ahcinc.org, under the ‘About Us’ tab. EOE