AHC Inc. is seeking dynamic and highly motivated individuals to join its real estate development team in Baltimore, MD. The firm is a leading regional player in affordable, workforce and mixed-income rental housing development and has accumulated a substantial track record of completing large, complex, and innovative transactions. Candidates must have real estate development experience, but prior affordable housing experience is not a prerequisite.
About the Team: The Multifamily Division offers team members a fun, fast-paced, environment in which to tackle the many challenges of real estate development while making a meaningful difference in our community. The team is responsible for identifying, acquiring, financing and constructing or renovating large-scale multifamily properties. We utilize a wide range of affordable and conventional financing tools, including Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Historic Tax Credits, a variety of debt products, and creative publicprivate partnerships to raise the necessary capital to complete innovative affordable, mixed-use, and mixed-income transactions.
About the Job: The Development Manager role is broadly defined at AHC and the selected individual will have responsibility for the full range of tasks associated with each assigned project from initial concept development through zoning approvals, financing, construction completion and lease-up. Specifically, Development Managers work with the Division Director and other team members.
• Identify potential new projects, and lead efforts to obtain site control, including the preparation of responses to public/private RFPs.
• Generate development budgets and pro forma to evaluate financial feasibility.
• Apply for and obtain acquisition, construction, and permanent financing.
• Apply for and obtain required entitlements and/or jurisdictional financial support.
• Coordinate the underwriting and closing process, including document review.
• Evaluate and select third-party professionals to be development team members.
• Oversee the development of construction and/or renovation plans and manage development team members during all phases of development/construction.
• Present to AHC’s Board of Directors, jurisdictional partners, residents, and community groups. As needed, attend night and/or weekend meetings to obtain project approvals.
• BS/BA in Finance, Real Estate, Planning, or other relevant discipline.
• Three-years’ experience in affordable or market-rate multifamily housing development or project management.
• Demonstrated experience preparing development budgets and financial projections.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• Strong entrepreneurial drive and desire to take ownership of development projects while working well within a team environment.
• Knowledge of construction, property operations and other applicable fields desirable.
• Experience in the Baltimore region also desirable.
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit & apply on our website www.ahcinc.org, under the ‘About Us’ tab. EOE