Development Services Coordinator
Join one of the most influential, most quoted and most trusted think tanks!
The Brookings Institution is a nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, DC. Our mission is to conduct in-depth research that leads to new ideas for solving problems facing society at the local, national and global level.
We bring together leading experts in government and academia from all over the world, rooted in open-minded inquiry and representing diverse points of view, who provide the highest quality research, policy recommendations, and analysis. Research topics cover a full range of public policy issues in economics, foreign policy, development, governance and metropolitan policy.
With fair and transparent business practices, clear communication, mutual respect, and a collaborative atmosphere that offers both professional and personal development opportunities, Brookings offers an inclusive and welcoming workplace that values the efforts of all contributors.
The Office of Development manages the Trustees, institutional partnerships, leadership giving, the International Advisory Council, the Brookings Council, the Brookings Society, and overall fundraising strategies for the Executive Office and Institution at large.
Brookings Central Development Vision Statement
In Brookings Central Development, we aim to:
- Build and nurture relationships with donors and prospects to raise critical financial resources in support of the institution's fiscal health and to advance the mission of Brookings.
- Safeguard Brookings's institutional values of Quality, Independence, and Impact.
- Amplify the impact of our scholars' research and steward our donors' generosity with compelling and innovative programming for our donor groups.
- Support our Board of Trustees in carrying out its fiduciary and governance responsibilities to protect and sustain the institution.
- Partner closely with our colleagues across Brookings by providing best practice development counsel and services to benefit Central and all research programs.
- In everything we do, strive for excellence, act with integrity, communicate with honesty, show respect and collegiality, be proactive, collaborative, creative, and solutions oriented.
Please note: This position is based in Brookings' Washington, DC office. In response to COVID-19, Brookings staff are temporarily teleworking. The person hired for this position must be willing to move to or currently reside in Washington DC, Maryland, or Northern Virginia by their date of hire.
Ready to contribute to Brookings success?
The Development Services Coordinator serves as key member of the Development Services team by providing core support for institutional gift processing and assisting with data entry projects to advance Brookings's institutional fundraising goals. The Development Services Coordinator works with complex Raiser's Edge and SharePoint systems to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing, database entry, and report production. The Coordinator also serves as primary point of contact on gift processing, Raiser's Edge, and SharePoint for all institutional users.
Gift Processing (60%)
- Processes unrestricted, restricted, endowment, and other commitments and payments to Brookings. Determines the appropriate internal gift processing workflow by assessing gift and agreement type and identifying the appropriate review process. Initiates the review process in SharePoint, monitors the progress of review, prompts users for review and approval, and uploads and distributes final gift paperwork.
- Enters pledge and payment information accurately into Raiser's Edge. Serves as a liaison to financial staff, grants administrators, development staff, and Executive Office staff on gift processing. Liaises with financial staff across the institution to coordinate payment processing, reconciliation, and providing documentation to auditors. Fields donor phone calls about how to give to Brookings and helps to facilitate stock and credit card donations.
Data Processing and Reporting (20%)
- Generates and disseminates the department's standard reports, including the Daily Gift Report, Weekly Gift Report, Fundraising Report, and Pipeline Report. Produces ad hoc reports for Development and financial staff, including writing queries, exporting datasets, and processing the data into accessible products. Assists the Associate Director of Development Services with:
- Production of reports for the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees; Data visualization and dashboards for the Vice President of Development.
- Works with the Senior Director of Development Services to maintain revenue projections for Central Development.
Database Administration and Data Maintenance (20%)
- Assists the Associate Director of Development Services with data entry and reporting documentation and identifies areas where additional documentation is needed.
- Assists with identifying and implementing data integrity measures, developing a routine data hygiene practice including maintaining records, initiating and updating coding, completing standard clean-up projects as assigned. Helps identify Raiser's Edge data entry issues and provides support to database users, including training of staff. Participates in and suggests topics for the Raiser's Edge User Group. Suggests and participates in data entry projects to further the efficiency and accuracy of Raiser's Edge.
Ready to make an impact? In this role, you will support Brookings values of collegiality, respect, inclusion, diversity and community, and bring the following qualifications:
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum two years of professional experience required (preferably in a Development Office and/or nonprofit organization). Experience working with relational databases is required. Experience with gift processing preferred. Experience working with Raiser's Edge or similar program is highly preferred. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, computer, and communication skills required. Must have acute attention to detail and be dependable. Must have the proven ability to exercise excellent judgment and initiative while maintaining confidentiality. Must be able to function independently and in close cooperation with others. Strong Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications required. Fast and accurate data entry skills required.
What can we offer you? Brookings provides a generous benefit package that is comprehensive and includes both traditional benefits and unique offerings.
Brookings requires that all applicants submit a cover letter and resume. Please attach your cover letter and resume as one document when you apply. Please note: if you have applied to more than one Brookings job opening you should add a position-specific cover letter as a separate attachment.
Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment at Brookings.
Brookings welcomes and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We welcome applications that reflect a variety of backgrounds based on ideology, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, first generation college goers, and other factors protected by law. Brookings is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8OjmKqu7LrldTMGuRz4J