Assessment Specialist (Bilingual- Spanish or Amharic required)
Under the direction of the Assessment Manager (AM), the Assessment Specialist (AS) delivers strategies to achieve enrollment targets by working collaboratively with various departments, such as Registration, Assessment, Assessment Development and Outreach and Communications. Working closely with the AM, the AS is responsible for improving, overseeing, and implementing placement testing. They will assist the AM by recommending placement test timelines and lead trainings for the placement test team.
- Continuously update and improve remote and in-house application and placement test processes by completing a variety of tasks to include, examining goals, progress towards goals, and return on investment for activities.
- Propose staffing timelines, strategies and workloads for remote placement testers and enlist staff across departments to ensure the successful completion of remote applications/placement test work.
- Develops and leads remote application and placement plans in coordination with registration timelines, recruitment sessions, open houses and internal school events as needed.
- Assists with audit readiness and ongoing formal assessment management prepares the diverse adult immigrant population of Washington, DC to become productive citizens and members of American society who give back to their family and community.
- The AS is also responsible for the critical work as ambassador and representative, embodying the CR Spirit and School values as the first point of contact with perspective students.
- Works in concert with Communications and Registration Departments to run remote application and placement testing activities
- Develops a variety application and test metrics and reports to distribute to appropriate stakeholders to inform strategy and provide critical data on the application and placement test process
- Liaisons between academies and other programs to establish consistent and unified information sharing regarding progress towards benchmarks
- Answers complex questions about registration that arise through the application/placement test process
- Uses a variety of resources and conducts research to determine best application/placement processes practices, new recruitment tools, and trends in engaging the school’s target population.
- As one of the first points of contact for perspective students, serve as a representative, embodying the CR Spirit and School values
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of assessments, English as a Second Language, or related field preferred and a minimum of 3 years of related experience or the appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with delivering assessments in an adult or higher education environment is a plus
- Ability to assess English language proficiency and digital literacy skills using various instruments
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills required
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team player, take initiative, and to function effectively under pressure.
Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Strong customer service in a diverse environment.
Ability to interact with populations of diverse cultural, social, and economic background.
Ability to maintain a flexible schedule that responds to the needs of the community,
including weekends and evenings
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets,
Slides, Forms), and virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom
Bilingual proficiency English/Spanish or Amharic required
Deep commitment to CRIPCS’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues, students, and partners