Program Manager, Development
The Program Manager, Development is an important partner in the strategic management of the University Relations Development program. Working with the Associate Vice President for Development and two Executive Directors of Development, the Program Manager is responsible for managing designated projects in support of the Development Strategic Framework, including managing timetables, communication, training, and documenting procedures. This individual serves as the primary trainer for the Fundraising Performance Management platform and will serve as a key liaison with BlackBaud in developing training unique to the needs of UMD development users and reporting needs.
The Program Manager will partner with University Relations Human Resources to develop orientation and onboarding materials, training, and resources for new development staff as well as identify training needs, develop plans, and execute future training programs. This individual will also manage ongoing quality improvement efforts, support content development, manage communications and logistics for Development-wide meetings, and monitor employee adoption of core UMD development business practices.
Education (including licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree required.
A minimum of three years of administrative experience and demonstrated ability to organize and implement special projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong writing, editing, research skills
• Ability to establish internal and external professional relationships
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• High attention to detail
• Ability to think proactively and work independently
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and appropriately both verbally and in writing
• Ability to use online databases and other resources to conduct research, including identification of best practice
• Demonstration of tact, discretion and good judgement in handling sensitive and confidential information