Manager, Member Affiliate Communications
This position is responsible for working to recruit new individuals into the ASHA Assistants Certification program and for continuing engagement and renewal efforts among currently certified ASHA Assistants. In addition, the position will be responsible for effectively communicating with ASHA members and other affiliates via specific member/affiliate-facing campaigns to drive engagement and satisfaction rates. The position will work with the Membership Cluster and liaison with other appropriate clusters around member and affiliated-focused outreach, with a specific emphasis on and responsibility for marketing and engagement campaigns for the ASHA Assistant Certification Program.
- Manages all aspects of communications, marketing, recruitment, and retention efforts of audiology assistants and speech-language pathology assistants and stakeholders, working closely with the certification department, and Associate Director, Membership to develop and execute.
- Market the benefits of the Assistant Certification Program and volunteer opportunities to internal and external stakeholders
- Assists in the production of effective recruitment and collateral materials employing data analysis, creativity, marketing, and communication and editing skills.
- Works closely with the Director, Membership and Communication, and Membership Cluster in implementing strategies to maximize the recruitment and retention of diverse audiences, including International Affiliates, and targeted member cohorts.
- Works with rest of Membership Cluster in assisting with communication for the annual dues-renewal process for the Association. Function as a backup for this crucial process.
- Serves as administrator for ASHA Assistants Facebook group.
- Works closely Digital Communications Cluster to promote ASHA Assistant Certification via social media.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to ensure the membership perspective is represented.
- Participates in the triage of routine member phone calls and emails.
- Other communication responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications - Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
Knowledge and skills typically acquired through:
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts
- Knowledge of association membership marketing preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in a related position
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge:
- Basic data management and analysis ability.
- Specific computer skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of social media communications, platforms, and content development.
- Basic knowledge of web content.
Scope and depth of nontechnical skills/knowledge:
- Basic writing, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Ability to work well within teams; demonstrated ability to interact and establish rapport with executives and professionals in a team environment.
- Ability to function effectively with all levels of staff, both independently and within a team environment.
- Effective time management skills.