NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association is looking for a Controller to join our Finance Department. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will play an integral role in overseeing all aspects of accounting and reporting for our legal entities (NTCA, SMC, FRS) and the association’s PAC. As our Controller, you will additionally oversee payroll, accounts payable, and investments for NTCA and related entities. You will also serve as the staff liaison for these entities with the external auditors, internal staff members, banks, and investment custodians and managers. This position will oversee three accounting staff.
1. Oversee all aspects of accounting and cash management for NTCA, SMC, FRS, and the association’s PAC. Includes full-cycle monthly and year-end close processes, bank and other account reconciliations, and journal entries. Also includes implementing accounting process requirements as required.
2. Responsible for the investment functions for NTCA and related entities. Includes administrative functions related to investments trades, reviewing investment reports for NTCA, SMC and FRS. Also includes preparing monthly investment journal entries and reconciling and performing quarterly investment rebalancing for the various NTCA entities.
4. Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting for NTCA, SMC, FRS, and the association’s PAC.
5. Serve as the lead for all external audits and tax returns for NTCA, SMC, FRS and the PAC. Responsible for ensuring the organization is in compliance with GAAP and other accounting regulations.
6. Manage banking, investment, and other key vendor relationships.
7. Provide leadership and direction to supervised staff.
8. Perform other special projects or duties as assigned by the CFO.
The ideal candidate will have the following position requirements:
- Bachelor’s (4-year) degree in Finance or Accounting and a minimum of 8+ years of related work experience required. Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and tax principles, and laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Leadership and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency with vendor management.
- MS Office applications including intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
Why work for us?
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including, health and wellness plans, Metro/parking subsidy, flexible work schedules, multiple retirement programs, and many more. We are committed to a culture of respect, innovation, collaboration and open communication with a passion for service to our rural broadband members and internal colleagues. We are located in a modern office within walking distance of the Ballston Metro Station.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place