Student Success Manager
Are you passionate about helping students identify post-secondary and vocational schools that align with their career goals? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS, you become part of a unique, mission-oriented organization that is actively and innovatively tackling some of the greatest challenges faced by adult learners and English language learners today, with a laser-beam focus on equity of opportunity for those we exist to serve.
Student Success Manager
We are seeking a Student Success Manager (SSM), who under the direction of the Director of Student Services, will execute the vision and strategy of CRIPCS’s Student Success Program (College Access and Career Advising Program), which focuses on sending our culturally diverse graduates to college, university and vocational schools that align with their career goals. The SSM will lead student processes and tracking for post-secondary enrollment, persistence, and completion of programs by scholarship awardees. The SSM will collaborate with School leadership, community partners, teachers, post-secondary institutions, and department colleagues. In addition, the SSM will assist in the development and implementation of the School’s scholarship program and mentorship program.
- Administers the Student Success Program by providing guidance and support with identifying and successfully enrolling into post-secondary schools and vocational programs
- Works closely with students and their instructors to identify career goals related to college, university, and vocational schools
- Develops and strengthens partnerships with post-secondary programs to include local colleges, universities, and vocational schools
- Guides students through their higher education application processes through advising on and/or exposure to options
- Collects data to analyze, evaluate, and report to internal and external stakeholders about the program effectiveness, including scholarship usage, college and post-secondary enrollment, and completion
- Develops and facilitates workshops on various career and employment topics, which include choosing a major, identifying internship or mentorship opportunities, credential evaluation, and networking techniques
- Assist students in completing applications for the Carlos Rosario scholarship and other financial assistance opportunities, including FAFSA and other scholarships
- Collaborate with Development Manager to set scholarship fundraising goals and participates in the school’s fundraising activities
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of related experience or appropriate combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated success in career counseling and exploration and education advisement related to student enrollment in post-secondary schools and vocational programs
- Ability to work successfully with CRIPCS’s culturally diverse student population
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong outcomes orientation and data management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher
- Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Schedule: Monday – Friday (3 days & 2 evenings per week with occasional weekends for special events)