The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 11,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
ASBMB is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant. This person will provide high-level administrative support for the executive director and serve as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the executive office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the administrative liaison between the executive director and Council members
- Communicate with all levels of volunteer leadership, especially the Council members
- Coordinates all conference calls and zoom meetings for the executive director
- Maintains up-to-date Council and committee rosters on the Society’s website
- Manage the Council report development process including assembling briefing materials, collecting committee and other reports as necessary
- Prepares Council meeting minutes for review by the executive director
- Ensure volunteers are properly notified, in a timely manner, of meeting arrangements and expectations
- Coordinate Council meetings logistics including collecting participant travel itineraries
- Coordinates new Council and Committee Chair orientations
- Arrange travel plans, itineraries, and compile documents for travel related meetings
- Some travel required
Responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years’ experience
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with positive outlook and ability to build relationships
- Strong initiative, analytical and critical thinking with the ability to anticipate the needs of the executive director.
- Self-motivated with ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a competitive salary. Exceptional benefits including a 403(b)-retirement plan; generous paid time off; medical, dental and vision insurance plans; flexible spending; life and short- and long-term disability insurance, and free parking. ASBMB is conveniently located in Rockville, Maryland, walking distance to metro and bus service.
To apply, please go to www.faseb.org/employment. Attach a cover letter and a resume with salary requirements.
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit www.asbmb.org
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer.