The Health Analyst plays a critical role in support of the BFCC National Coordinating Oversight and Review Center contract (NCORC). The NCORC supports and partners with CMS in support of the National Beneficiary and Family-Centered Care Quality Improvement Organization (BFCC-QIO) program. The Health Analyst is part of an integrated project team and engages in project planning, primary and secondary research and analysis, findings and recommendations. This role assists in coordinating, planning, and facilitating meetings with CMS leaders and other BFCC contractors. Strong organizational, statistical, analytical, and written communication skills are key to successful performance in this position. This role is under the direction of the NCORC Director. The position requires an advanced degree, and a minimum of 5 years work experience.
Essential Requirements and Responsibilities
- Expertise in SAS and other analytical tools.
- Experience with PowerBI preferred.
- Experience working with Medicare claims data and beneficiary enrollment files.
- Experience with the Medicare QIO program and the Quality Measurement Reporting System preferred.
- Experience in Quality Improvement and Patient Safety preferred.
- Experience in the use and/or development of a range of types of measures in a healthcare system.
- Review and analyze information provided by the client and/or developed by the study team.
- Analyze data using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Prepare written communication for a professional audience that is clear, accurate, grammatically correct, and engaging.
- Manage project milestones and deliverables.
- Comfortable with a dynamic, changing environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively engage with a diverse mix of people and achieve results.
- Seeks opportunities to improve upon existing approaches by creatively applying or adapting current industry practices.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Research Analysis.
- Master’s degree in health or related field.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in the areas of the health care system, public administration, consulting to the federal sector, organizational research, and/or working with non-profit organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send a resume to Wendy Gary, Director, Healthcare Practice at: email@example.com
Avar Consulting, Inc. is a policy research firm with headquarters in Rockville, Maryland. Avar Specializes in surveys, program evaluation, attitude-behavior research, technical assistance and training, data analysis/management and IT support. Since its inception in 2006, Avar has provided a wide range of professional services in health care, education, social welfare, labor economics, refugee resettlement, Veterans' Affairs, and other key topics. Our clients include Federal, state, and local government agencies, non-profit organizations, and private corporations.
Apply for Health Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly