IP Legal Resource Assistant
Arnold & Porter has two Intellectual Property (IP) Legal Resource Assistant openings in the Washington, DC office. The IP Legal Resource Assistant will assist IP prosecution attorneys and other IP professionals with administrative and clerical work in support of the IP Prosecution (Patent and Trademark) practice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing formal documents, USPTO electronic filings, electronic docket clearances, and client communications.
- Editing client prebills as directed by the attorneys and processing all client billing in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures, with assistance from the Billing Department.
- Accurately and efficiently arranging travel for attorneys and other IP professionals.
- Inputting, editing and finalizing time into the Firm’s time entry system for attorneys and other IP professionals.
- Routing articles to attorneys and other IP professionals.
- Managing Outlook calendars and assisting attorneys and IP professionals meet deadlines.
- Coordinating meetings (Zoom and/or in-person); including, reserving a conference rooms; ordering meals; arranging for any IT equipment needed (i.e. laptop, projector, audio/video equipment); sending Outlook meeting requests; etc.
- Scheduling appointments, answering the telephone in a courteous and professional manner, updating attorneys’ contact lists, composing/preparing/editing/proofreading routine correspondence, organizing and routing incoming mail, arranging conference calls or video conference calls, processing vendor invoices, and preparing expense reports in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Filing correspondence and legal documents in the office filing system.
- A minimum of a high school diploma; a bachelors or two-year degree preferred.
- Strong skills in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, various databases and Internet research skills.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously as well as prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- Exceptional client service, both internal and external.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Apply for IP Legal Resource Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly