IT Network Administrator
3 days left
- Full Time
The FCNL IT Network Administrator is responsible for supporting the IT department’s plans for future enhancements and overseeing the technology infrastructure of FCNL. This is a new position that plays a pivotal role in supporting internal technical operations including systems and services, such as the network infrastructure, internet, security, desktops, servers, help desk, telephone systems and other network services provided to all FCNL staff.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of IT and works closely with specific staff that are heavily involved in data collection and output to help determine the best way to meet the organization’s technology needs. The role will support FCNL-specific data systems (i.e. Raiser’s Edge/Crystal Reports), provide maintenance for the hardware/software infrastructure and assist with the implementation of new solutions either individually or with assistance of the Senior Manager, IT Operations. Working closely with IT-related consultants and other vendors will help enhance FCNL’s current Microsoft 365 cloud-based business environment, as well as build and strengthen its IT policies.
This position helps plan better ways to integrate data management systems and will guide FCNL in updating internal controls around Information Technology, train staff and monitor the effectiveness of its technology to effectively support organizational growth.
At FCNL, we embrace having a multitude of voices and talents working together to strengthen our impact in the world. In keeping with the Quaker testimony of equality, we strive to be an organization that welcomes, values and respects the different perspectives of every individual. We are actively soliciting applicants from all ethnic, racial, sexual orientation, gender identity and religious backgrounds.
FCNL works for social and economic justice, peace, stewardship of the environment, and good government. Since 1943, the Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) has brought Quaker values to bear on national policy through congressional testimony, Capitol Hill visits, grassroots lobbying and long-term campaigns. We accomplish this work through focused legislative campaigns, educational activities, publications, email and social media and a robust web site, among other tools. FCNL witnesses from a basis of spiritual and ethical purpose and seeks to change government policy and practice for the better.
In the last decade, tens of thousands of new people have been drawn to join the FCNL network to learn more about federal policy issues, lobby their elected representatives and help to rebuild our democratic system. Today, our nationwide network of some 60,000 includes people from many different faiths and backgrounds. Headquartered on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, FCNL is governed by a General Committee of about 190 people from across the country and employs a staff of approximately 50.
The Finance, Administration and Building team manages all financial and accounting functions, IT and Data Management functions, office services and facilities for a staff of approximately 50. This team is also responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and upkeep of FCNL’s green building (the first on Capitol Hill), the Quaker Welcome Center, and the second office space located at 518 C St NE.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
- Identify and coordinate organization-wide uses of data, including data-gathering and input, integration with other organization systems and processes and developing effective output tools. Preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Perform hands-on solutions at network and help desk level, including installing and upgrading software, hardware, implementing local file backups, and configuring systems and applications. Deploy patches, service packs, critical updates, and firmware upgrades to all workstations and servers.
- Develop effective methods of communication with internal FCNL staff regarding information technology training, maintenance scheduling and other subjects.
- Provide daily operational support to FCNL staff/team to include diagnosis and resolution of issues related to the network, hardware, software, and data systems.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of current technology options in hardware, software, and cloud-based services.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Maintain normal server systems such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS (external and internal), GPO, WSUS, scripts, etc.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Maintain and manage infrastructure (firewall/VPN (Cisco Meraki), switches, backups, LAN/WLAN, telephony, wireless, audio/visual)
- Work with IT consultants and vendors.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Experience
- 3 or more years of relevant experience supporting technology infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of networking principles (e.g. TCP/IP), routing, and switching.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems in Windows/Mac environment using Windows 10, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications and services.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Management (Azure, AD Connect, Exchange, SharePoint, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Bitlocker and Intune management systems.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Knowledge of Meraki Firewall/VPN, port/table routing.
- Knowledge of Veritas Backup Exec.
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Security and Encryption is a plus.
- Experience with Blackbaud software, The Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge is a plus.
- Experience with Crystal Reports is a plus.
- Project Management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a flexible manner to address changing needs.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to work independently, with little supervision, and to work effectively to complete tasks with or without complete documentation.
- Able to safely lift/carry around 20+ pounds
- Comfortable working in an office environment that reflects the Quaker testimonies of peace, equality, simplicity, and truth; and working within the Quaker process of FCNL.
This is a full-time position based on a 37.5-hour average workweek. Due to the nature of the position, occasional evening and weekend work is expected. The position is expected to be mainly in the office with the option for occasional telework. Also, this position may require local travel to support staff within the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia areas.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary starts at $60,000 and is negotiable based on skills and experience, and in relation to other similarly sized non-profits in the Washington, DC market. Robust benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, generous retirement plan contribution, paid time off plus holidays, parental leave, and more.