Billing Rate Analyst
1 day left
- Full Time
The Finance & Accounting Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Billing Rate Analyst. This position may be located in the DC office or Tallahassee Operations Center. The Analyst is responsible for assisting the Billing Rate Manager in analyzing and determining billing rates for the firm and ensuring the accuracy of the firm’s special rates tables.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists attorneys with rate specific projects and rate inquiries.
- Assists in preparing client rate specific lists and reports for client approval.
- Supports attorneys in client rate negotiations when fee arrangements need to updated (typically on an annual basis).
- Reviews and approves fee arrangements and rates data for all new matters and compares to Accounting System for accuracy.
- Contacts attorneys for necessary verification or correction to rates data on all new matters prior to approving.
- Responds to requests for information, clarification and special analyses from billing attorneys and their clients.
- Provides ad hoc reporting to attorneys, pricing team, billing team, business development and other sub groups of the firm to help analyze fee arrangements and supports budgeting and forecasting requests from clients.
- Processes rate conversions (USD, GBP and EUR), and inputs into the Accounting System.
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of billing and/or rates analysis at a law firm or professional services organization.
- Proficiency in Excel and databases as well as Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Must be self-motivated and able to successfully perform tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the firm with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work within time deadlines while exhibiting a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness commensurate to handling confidential and sensitive material.
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Excellent organization and confident and clear communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service, both internal and external.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Apply for Billing Rate Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly