Director of Community Living
About the Organization:
The Arc Prince George’s County serves more than 600 individuals with disabilities through a variety of programs, services and supports. Our primary areas of support are community living, family and personal supports, employment services, and day programs - all with an emphasis on person-centered community involvement and inclusion. To learn more about us, please visit www.thearcofpgc.org.
The Arc is seeking a full-time Division Director of Community Living. Reporting to the Chief Programs Officer (CPO), the Division Director will be responsible for translating the mission and vision of the department through managing and monitoring all clinical and administrative operations. With an approximate caseload of 350 people supported, served by 250 staff. The Division Director will oversee a budget of 9 million dollars. This position plays a critical role in the growth and transformational change of The Arc Prince George’s County. Will lead, plan and direct a variety of community living locations (presently 47) to promote self-sufficiency and a high quality of life. Demonstrates leadership and oversight of the development, planning, and coordination of strategic work associated with developmental programs and services; facilitating community engagement to identify areas of need and enhance capacity for serving those needs; and, connecting people supported with a broad spectrum of state, county and community-based resources and services to help them be safe, be healthy, and realize their potential. Organizational leadership includes oversight of three Area Directors including: Person Centered Planning Services, Behavioral Supports, Entitlements and overall Access to Community Resources and Programs. This person will lead operational changes designed to align processes and program operations with technology. Through collaborative guidance and being an active participant, will drive the Division’s overall strategy to provide the best community living services possible as evidenced by achieving positive outcomes supported by data.
Public Sector: Experience in non-profit, public sector/governmental health and human services programs for people with developmental disabilities and co-occurring disorders.
Strategic Leadership: Experience setting departmental strategic direction and providing oversight of cross-system strategic planning, data analysis, and evaluation efforts.
Fiscal Management: Demonstrated knowledge of planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and coordinating budgets and financial activities for a Division with considerable knowledge of applicable county, state (DDA, Medicaid), and federal laws, statutes, and policies.
Quality Service Delivery: Experience providing direction and guidance for the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, programs, activities, and operational policies and procedures needed for an effective delivery system of community living services.
Workforce Management: Experience overseeing departmental workforce development efforts as it relates to department-wide competencies for community engagement, service integration, and use of evidence-based practices and approaches.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in the areas of education, human services, psychology, social sciences or related field is strongly preferred.
- Five to seven years of broad professional and current experience with knowledge of COMAR, DHR, national state and local issues relating to I/DD.
- Experience with DDA, Medicaid funding and housing related funds strongly preferred
- Knowledge of resources in Prince George’s County Maryland.
- Exceptional and effective organizational skills in time management, leading to clear direction for the team, and timely accomplishment of short and long term goals.
- Management of programmatic budgets followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership
- Demonstrated skills in facilitating meetings and division wide action oriented discussions to include (planning committees, business process discussions)
- Skilled in developing, revising, and recommending administrative policies and procedures in order to meet current regulations.
- A hands-on Director with high level of emotional intelligence and integrity, as well as a desire to work in an evolving mission-driven environment
- Excellent oral and written communications; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage positive communication in difficult situations and the ability to provide candid/constructive feedback
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, Project Planner and financial/accounting systems
The Arc offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, to include: medical, dental and vision plans. A 403(b) retirement plan, paid holidays, generous paid time-off, company paid life insurance, and much more! To apply, please visit www.thearcofpgc.org and send your resume AND salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.