Associate Editorial Director - Technology Content
Manifest is looking to hire an Associate Editorial Director for one of our largest and fastest growing accounts – a Fortune 200 company, whose accolades include Content Marketing Program of the Year. In this role, you will mentor and manage a group of editors leading their respective industry segments and will help them to successfully navigate audience, client and creative challenges along the way. You will support and eventually own a variety of project types and will grow your B2B content marketing and strategy skillsets as you become an in-house expert on the client’s brand. This role is based in Washington, D.C., and is best filled by a self-motivated individual with a talent for identifying and solving challenges as part of a collaborative team. This role reports directly to the SVP, Creative Director.
- Oversee and manage editorial team members in delivery of work and professional development.
- Conceptualize, refine and deliver against sophisticated and evolving content strategy for program.
- Create and curate thought leadership content and work as a contributor and host for a series of virtual and in-person events.
- Develop mastery of client and subject matter areas and serve as lead for internal and external audience insights and trends.
- Lead editorial and messaging direction for primarily corporate business, but also across government, health and education verticals.
- Identify opportunities to bring brand and marketing insights to wider content program, potentially co-leading training efforts and knowledge share outs.
- Support special projects and new client work, as needed.
- 8-10 years of experience in journalism or marketing.
- Experience in content marketing preferred.
- Experience managing a team required.
- Sharp writing and editing skills and ability to craft compelling narrative on deadline.
- Experience with content management systems, HTML and CSS.
- Experience with appearing on camera or audio preferred.
- Experience working with customers or clients a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
What We Do
Manifest is a proudly independent content marketing agency, with honors that include Content Marketing Agency of the Year, and one of the Best and Brightest Companies to work for in the nation. We build businesses and brands by delivering unmistakable content in just the right context. Diversity of Thought is the Intelligence that Creates the Stories that Work. At Manifest, we simply hire the best. The “best” have opinions, they have a voice that needs to be heard, and they also know enough to know that they do not know everything. Which is why at Manifest, we embrace “different.” Different backgrounds, different experiences, differing opinions, discussion and productive debate. It is through embracing our differences that our greatest work is achieved. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, identity, disability status, sexual orientation, national origin and experience is what has powered us thus far, and it is what will ensure we stay Unmistakable. Manifest is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.