Coordinator, ACES Career Readiness Programs
Talent Ready is a collaborative project between Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery College, the Universities at Shady Grove, and the Greater Washington Partnership. The project is designed specifically to assist and prepare students to meet the growing demands of the regional employers. This position is necessary to provide career readiness programming and support for students in IT pathways as they transition along the MCPS – MC – USG Pathway. The Coordinator will provide case management support to 150-200 students in high demand, high growth IT careers.
- Work with students in the Achieving Collegiate Excellence & Success (ACES) program, leveraging existing career readiness resources
- Organize programs and assist in integrating classroom studies with continuous and advanced career-related workshops based on National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) career competencies and incorporate work experiences such as job shadowing, internships, mentoring, and apprenticeships, with a special emphasis on IT pathways and careers
- Manage resources provided from each of the partner institutions, employers, and the community that are designed to assist students in IT pathways
- Collaborate and build partnerships with regional IT employers that will result in work based learning experiences for students.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education required Experience
- 2 years of professional, full-time equivalent experience related to coaching and/or counseling of diverse youth population and experience providing career-readiness related programming and career exploration guidance.
- Master’s degree preferred in Higher Education Administration, Counseling, Human Resources, Business or a closely related field
- Career coaching certification by NACE, PARW/CC, NCDA or other professionally recognized certifying agency
- Education, training, or certifications related to information technology
- Previous professional experience and knowledge of the Montgomery County and State of Maryland regional business communities preferred.
- Professional experience obtained at the University System of Maryland, its partner institutions, and/or regional higher education centers highly preferred.
- Previous professional experience and knowledge of information technology field Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Direct service delivery experience working with youth population
- Experience working with students, faculty, employers and community organizations in identifying available job opportunities, internships and career experiences ∙ Experience in facilitating workshops related to job search process including resume and cover letter writing
- Experience utilizing career assessment tools, on-line career planning tools, resources and reporting and data analysis tools
- Experience supporting students in IT academic and career pathways
- Ability to incorporate labor market information into career decision making process ∙ Knowledge of career development theories and job search strategies
- Knowledge of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) career competencies and experience using those competencies to develop programmatic goals ∙ Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships in order to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Extended periods of computer work. Physical activities include set up and break down of events, and standing for long periods of time and travel to various locations (i.e. to attend and host events on and off campus).
- Ability to work some evening and occasional Saturday hours also required. Additional Information
This position is located in Rockville, MD 20850. This is a contractual grant funded position. Thank you!