Assistant Publications Director
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 11,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
ASBMB is seeking a full-time Assistant Publications Director. This person will work with the Society Director of Publications; oversee operations and performance of ASBMB Publications and provide recommendations for scientific content and outreach.
- Manager Scientific Editorial Operations:
- Works with the Society Director of Publications to review and update current workflows and improves efficiency of operations
- Works with Manager of Journal Operations and Journal Managers with submission checks when applicable for the Society’s Journals
- Knowledge of content commissioning- with data from Elsevier to help in directing the message to bring in potential authors
- Helps develop quality checks and data integrity outreach through the Society Departments to better serve ASBMB members
- Monitors Society journals performance using data provided by Elsevier and provides operational recommendations
- Monitors Elsevier journals and uses tools to provide Editorial Leadership with potential content
- Works closely with Manager of Journal Operations, Scientific Editor and Developmental Editor
- Other duties as required.
- Content Creation and Outreach Coordination:
- Works with the Science Communicator and other Society Departments regarding content creation
- Attends virtual and in-person meetings
- Works closely with other Society Departments as needed
Responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
Education and Skills:
- PhD Degree required
- Extensive experience in Life Sciences
- Experience in management in Scientific Publishing required
- Experience supervising and training staff preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms preferred
- Fast learner and self-motivated
- Detail-oriented, well‐organized, and goal oriented
- Able to work remotely and in office setting. This position is located in Rockville, Maryland.
This position offers a competitive salary with exceptional benefits that include a 403(b) retirement plan; generous paid time off; medical, dental and vision insurance plans; flexible spending; life and short- and long-term disability insurance; and more. Close to metro and bus service. Paid parking.
To apply, please go to www.faseb.org/employment. Attach a cover letter and a resume with salary requirements.
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit www.asbmb.org
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer.