Diversity & Inclusion Director
Diversity and Inclusion Director - for prominent global law firm. This position can be located in Washington, DC, NYC, or in CA offices of San Francisco, Los Angeles or Palo Alto.
Responsibilities will focus on attracting/retaining talent, raising firm profile, and developing client partnerships.
*Ideal candidate has operational management skills including design of affinity groups, employee resources, and analytics.
• Coordinate with recruiting leadership to implement initiatives that attract diverse talent
• Working with professional development team to assist in monitoring development of diverse associates, ensuring appropriate opportunities are created and areas identified for development are addressed.
• Maintain appropriate metrics to measure success in attracting/retaining diverse talent.
• Develop D&I committee programming, firm communications, and training programs by outside consultants and affinity group events.
• Identify key communications about diversity initiatives, such as brochures, newsletters and website content.
• Coordinate with PR team and participate in surveys ensuring appropriate coverage.
• Responsible for the completion of client, industry and bar organization diversity and inclusion surveys; collecting, validating, submitting necessary data.
• Develop, in collaboration with marketing team, value-added programs for clients interested in working on existing or new diversity initiatives.
• Lead and support client initiatives and communications related to diversity and inclusion.
• Create metrics and monitor internal/external data required for frequent statistical analysis on diversity metrics and oversee efforts to improve the efficiency of data compilation .
• Manage D&I operations and administrative activities including expenditures. Prepare/analyze reports, prepare the annual departmental budget in consultation with the Co-chairs of the firm's Diversity Committee.
• Compile, organize, and assess best practice materials and benchmarking tools within law firms and the broader diversity community.
At least 10 years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment with significant expertise in gender equity and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Cross-cultural skills/awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability, among others.
High level of proficiency with data management, analysis, and reporting.
Superior judgment and ability to deal discreetly with confidential information.
Ability to self-direct, manage multiple priorities, analyze needs, and implement solutions.
Strong administrative/organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize long and short-term projects and responsibilities.
Experience with databases and Microsoft Office.
Salary is commensurate with experience
Please email resume to Geri Moreland at email@example.com
Apply for Diversity & Inclusion Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly