Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated Environmental Intern for our Chantilly, VA office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are searching for candidates who have the willingness to learn new tasks, assist in administrative and scientific tasks, be impactful, and are decisive. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and enter data for evaluation by senior project staff.
- Assist with report production and file management activities.
- Assist with field data collection, including surface water sampling.
- Interpret and record data, conduct analyses, compare findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Conduct research for ongoing projects, including review of regulations and permits, workplans, or other documents.
- Update websites using Content Management Systems (CMS). Knowledge of HTML is beneficial.
- Will work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member.
- Spring semester OR Summer internship available.
The ideal candidate will be a Junior or Senior working toward a BS/BA degree in a relevant scientific discipline such as environmental science, environmental engineering, or geology. In addition, the successful candidate will have/be:
- Knowledge of data collection and tabulation in preparation of scientific documents.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access
- Experience in GIS and databases are preferred.
- Ability to format and produce reports as well as the ability to maintain file management.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal format and make evaluated decisions.
- A problem solver and have an interest and ability to work in a collaborative manner, and flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Enthusiasm, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude.
- Able to manage time well and work on tasks as part of a larger project team.
- A strong drive to succeed and professional approach to work are required.
- Ability to maintain a relatively consistent level of positivity, day to day.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to manage time well and work on tasks as part of a larger project team.
- Must have a strong health and safety ethic.
- In addition to English, fluency in other languages will be considered a plus.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to take directions.
- This position requires you to drive on a regular basis and will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check.
- Currently in pursuit of, or recently obtained, a BS/BA or MS in relevant scientific discipline (e.g., environmental science, geology, environmental engineering, chemistry, or other scientific field).
- Candidate must have successfully completed at least two years of study towards a degree (Juniors, Seniors, and recent grads)
- Completion of six courses in a relevant scientific discipline described above.
- GPA of 3.1 or higher.
The work environment consists of an office environment, candidate must be able to work at computer and conduct office-based tasks.
While we commend hard work, we are interested in people who are effective - who get the right things done at the right time. At Tetra Tech, you will work with people who come in every morning to decide what needs to be done to accomplish the goals we have all helped define, and then take ownership for the speed of the execution on those goals.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/en/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies